Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Vin #  (Read 5022 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Vin #
« on: October 02, 2012, 12:37:40 PM »
 Help  I need a Vin # for a 2009 GXP with the Black Headlights .I want to ORDER  the Black Assemblies for my 2008 GXP The problem is the suppliers want a Vin of a Vehicle with them so they get the order right. I ordered a pair from Koons Chevrolet and they came in chrome .they told me without the right Vin # thats what comes in .

So can anybody Help me get these ordered Please.

If you cansend to my e-mail address ---------> allpontiac@aol.com
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Vin #
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:09:12 PM »
I could do the old LMGTFY but check this one out on Carmax. The vin as you can see from the site is 1G2MZ35B39Y104228 and the page can be found here.

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/2009-pontiac-solstice-street-edition-8832538.html
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »
I could do the old LMGTFY....

Bobby if you don't get that go ahead and google it to see what it means.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:50:14 AM by ChopTop »

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 01:25:47 PM »
OK  Guys Thanks alot and I looked it up . Man Did I have it wrong.

LMGTFY....    I though      ( Let Me Get The Fu@king Year )
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
LMGTFY....    I though      ( Let Me Get The Fu@king Year )

Nope,  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=LMGTFY   ;)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
gm part # 25932032 rh

gm part # 25932031 lh

Additional info could reveal GXP/Street Edition

Are you sure about those part number? I see 25973530 and 25973531.

I don't know that that "Street Edition" Carmax car is a true Street Edition. Could be a poser, I'll check it at work.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:52:55 PM by Sly Bob »

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 02:06:32 PM »
1G2MG25X29Y000406

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 02:17:07 PM »
Thanks Joe now I gotto many
Mods

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »
Sly Bob :
      You are right they are the wrong #s they are for Chrome . I just called and canceled the order, I though they were kinda Cheap 240L and 247R      Black are 273 each
  I checked the invoice from my dealer they were the same.  Chop Top made a small Boo Boo. Now I'm waiting for the supplier to call me back to order the correct set.     :gaah:    :banghead:     Glad you saw that The next drink is on ME      :cheers:
Mods

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
Glad that you got it sorted out Bob and I had forgotten that the coupes had black lights.

Choptop may have used the VIN that I supplied with the Carmax car. When I checked the part numbers with that VIN I came up with the same thing which raised my suspicion with the Carmax car. Odd though that the GM database does show the car as a Street Edition car. The parts sites must be decoding that VIN incorrectly. Alls well that ends well I guess. Why new lights Bob? Can't just paint the old ones?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 04:32:26 PM »
When I did the # with the Guard Rails in VA they were suppose to replace the left ,it got some deep scraches in it and the other started fogging up. So I think they will pay for both.

I sure hope the parts #s were right this time cause I reordered them & they were 273 each

Oh Joe gave me Dee's Vin so that worked out .   Thanks for all the help
Mods

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »
Yeah if it wasn't the first number you ordered, it has to be the other one 'cause there are only two.   :D

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
where did you find them ?
Mods

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »
where did you find them ?

No, I mean that there are only 2 part numbers for each light so if it's not the one, it has to be the other.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 09:25:50 PM »
No, I mean that there are only 2 part numbers for each light so if it's not the one, it has to be the other.
DUH  I never saw 2 set of # only when you posted the GXP set. I tried to google them and didn't find them.

Just saying where did YOU find them  thats all
Mods

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:37 PM »
Sorry Bob, I misunderstood. I found the two styles at the Nalleygmc site. If you click "More Details... " under each lamp (item #1) you will see the cars they are for. You can see that the top one for instance wasn't available for the 2006 to 2008 cars.

http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=389939&ukey_product=3055788
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:58:58 PM by Sly Bob »

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 11:53:15 PM »
Thank You
Mods

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS