Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: When running NAWZ (Nitrous) Which way would you spray?  (Read 3519 times)

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
When running NAWZ (Nitrous) Which way would you spray?
« on: October 18, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »
Setting up my new manifold with a free NX kit I got, and I got into the fundamental question. which way would you spray your wet shot if you were going to run one? along with the airflow to promote velocity, or against the airflow to encourage atomization?

I already made my choice, but curious what you all think on this topic.

Pic of my manifold:

Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
Re: When running NAWZ (Nitrous) Which way would you spray?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 02:40:55 PM »
I only have experience running "wet" nitrous setups, with 1 nozzle.  I mounted the nozzle in the intake pipe in front of the throttle body on more than one setup.

The way I see it, with the 1000 psi or so of pressure, the atomization of the gasoline must be half decent if carbeurators work as well as they do.  So whatever gains I would make through better atomization, I would think I would lose in flow.

Not 100% sure, but in your pic, it looks like you have your setup mounted to flow reverse.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »
which way would you spray your wet shot if you were going to run one? along with the airflow to promote velocity, or against the airflow to encourage atomization?
Depends
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 05:41:11 PM »
Depends

I agree with Kelu.  Critterman will be wearing Depends before Miller finishes this build.  Good call Kelu!

Make the right choices now

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »
Except he will spell it something like deepends or debends...
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »
I don't think the direction matters much.  As long as nitrous isn't sprayed into the passenger compartment ...

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
When running NAWZ (Nitrous) Which way would you spray?
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:45:52 AM »
I don't think the direction matters much.  As long as nitrous isn't sprayed into the passenger compartment ...

Note to self- reroute the nitrous tomorrow....
Make the right choices now

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 12:49:30 AM »
Miller : I have a Direct Port system on my Turbo PT Cruiser. Mine is spraing in the to each Cyclinder down flow to the Pistons . It works best with a RPM Window Switch at ( WOT ) mine is a Dyno-tune you program what you want "it " to do.  when I first hooked it up I had it coming on at 2,900 RPMs and going off at 5,800 RPMs .I.m spraing  a 60 HP shot .  Fun, FUn, FUN . My motor has 119,000 miles on it now. don't use it all the time Only if I have to prove a Point to somebody .
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 05:45:37 AM »
Miller : I have a Direct Port system on my Turbo PT Cruiser. Mine is spraing in the to each Cyclinder down flow to the Pistons . It works best with a RPM Window Switch at ( WOT ) mine is a Dyno-tune you program what you want "it " to do.  when I first hooked it up I had it coming on at 2,900 RPMs and going off at 5,800 RPMs .I.m spraing  a 60 HP shot .  Fun, FUn, FUN . My motor has 119,000 miles on it now. don't use it all the time Only if I have to prove a Point to somebody .

I plan to control mine with the aftermarket ECU i will be running. And I as well will have limited use. Only really in the upper gears and to spool the turbo from launches on the drag strip. Not much other use on my setup as the tires will be blown away every time unless im running beadlocked slicks. The road tires are some M&H drag radials, and I doubt they would be able to keep traction if i spray it anywhere but a prepped surface.
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »
traction is one thing n2o is something else, just gear to the power ;)
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »

I think it would be more fun to have it routed that way.  :idk:
2007 Aggressive GXP