Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Billet Wheel Center Caps - Pics in - Taking orders  (Read 14226 times)

Offline CaliforniaDreamin

• Tech
  • "There can Be Only One"
Re: Billet Wheel Center Caps - Pics in - Taking orders
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 09:57:08 PM »
I think I'm gonna jump on board as well. I have Santanas Billett cupholder and that is great.
CaliforniaDreamin' (Big Wave Dave) 07 Redline
JPM CONSOLE AND ARMRESTS,GMPP C.A.I.,SHORTY ANTENNA,
CUSTOM LIGHTED WINDRESTRICTOR,
CUSTOM LIGHTED DOORSILLS,
'09 SPLIT SPOKE OEM WHEELS,CUSTOM CENTERS,POLISHED TURBO COVER,LOWERING SPRINGS,
PAINTED ENGINE COVER, BILLET ENGINE BLING
MGP CALIPER COVERS,OEM SPLASH GUARDS.
(some items awaiting install!)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 11:05:33 PM »
those are very nice looking caps
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • go for broke, or stay home
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 03:02:28 PM »
Let's give a Black Friday special EARLY!!!!!!! I would like to place the order before the T-Day closing to the machine shop. SO...I'm lowering the price to 75.00 a set. But, you have to pay for the order by tomorrow noon PST. I'm going to order the about 20 sets, after T-Day, the price goes to 89.00 a set. That's at least a 15% discount!! So, if you are interested, email me at sales@santanainteriors.com and give me your order. Black or silver anodized. We'll invoice you thru PayPal, and you'll get your caps soon after the Thanksgiving holiday. Thanks to all, and Happy Thanksgiving!!
never run out of asphalt, brake, or real estate at the same time!!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 02:52:24 AM »
I hope you can do somethimg with mine . I have Faith in your work .    :knock:      :thumbs:  your cup holder went over with the wife  that meant a lot  :urock:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 06:57:35 AM »
Can't wait to see mine.  I will send you graphics this week

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 08:28:38 PM »
My Wheels are Platium Apex Rims in Bkack . I just sent One of my Center Rings and Cap to Rich to see what he can do with it . If anybody has this type of Wheel you might do the same . Got the Wheels from tire rack .com   (check them out)
18x8 Black with Machined edge. Hope to know something later next week.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:38:27 PM by 1 LIL NDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »
So I've put the order in for the caps. Should have them back next week sometime. For all you that said you wanted some, now is the time to pay for them. Email me at sales@santanainteriors.com so I can invoice you.  I only made a limited number of sets, so first come first served. And lil ndn, yours are also in que.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2012, 07:39:17 PM »
So I've put the order in for the caps. Should have them back next week sometime. For all you that said you wanted some, now is the time to pay for them. Email me at sales@santanainteriors.com so I can invoice you.  I only made a limited number of sets, so first come first served. And lil ndn, yours are also in que.

Thanks can't wait to get them & take pics  to Post .
Mods

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 08:14:46 PM »
Rich ;  Buddy if you have a mind to you could Post a picture or Two. Then I will see what they look like .       :D          :yay:     
Mods

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 08:24:29 PM »
the prototypes and your stock center covers are at the machine shop. probably next time i'm going over there, it's to pick them up.

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 11:02:22 PM »
Alright!!! Here they are!!! Just need polishing and plating...who wants them??

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 11:46:31 PM »
I went to correct and must have hit wrong key or something .It had spelling errors .OOPs
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 10:12:28 AM by 1 LIL NDN »
Mods

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 11:47:37 PM »
I have mine ordered . Who is next? :yay:      :thumbs:
Mods

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 01:52:59 AM »
I think Bobby might be next maybe he will respond again and let us know.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 10:08:49 AM »
Sol Asylum  Damn I didn't See that last night . But the One's for my car are on the right . Already Pd. for a gift to me from Me I'll change that post. Thanks
Mods

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 10:11:18 AM »
At least you don't have all your eggs in one basket :)

has any one told Bobby about these yet?  I think he might be interested.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2012, 11:34:30 AM »
Critterman , Sol Asylum : You two are so Bright when you were kids your Dads called you "Son" I think I will Check these Out . Thanks for Making my Day Brighter .
Mods

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Billet Wheel Center Caps - Pics in - Taking orders
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2012, 11:43:19 AM »
Whats gOing on HerE?
Make the right choices now

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 01:10:47 PM »
Whats gOing on HerE?

It kindda makes you wonder, Doesn't It ?   ( Whats with  the fancy typing )
Mods

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 09:40:13 PM »
It kindda makes you wonder, Doesn't It ?   ( Whats with  the fancy typing )

We've been wondering about that for a while now too.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »
So, they can be color anodized + custom engraved, and then polished to look like color chrome?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2012, 11:03:35 AM »
how ever he does his magic. Just like the cup holder. I know he does ,Polished and Black Anodized . don't know if they do other colors.
Mods

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
Hey there. Here are your options.
 1. Polished, we can then engrave with black image.
 2. Black anodized, then image is off white-ish.
 3&4. Color anodized-Red & Blue are standard options, with images in white-ish.

When we anodize colors (black included), we like to polish the cap first. It gives the color a real pop, very 'candy apple' looking. I am waiting on anodizer to get me some caps, but they are off this week. I'll post some shots of different samples. As far as images, pretty much anything goes.
A bmp or jpg file works awesome, as does an eps for special graphics. We can however do custom artwork if you don't have any.

The red & blue ano is an upcharge, not sure what it will be, as will be a small upcharge for custom artwork. I'd really like to see the Solstice/Sky guys get first shot at the custom work as they have been there for us with the cup holders. Then the idea is to hit the rest of the GM market(Camaro, G6, etc.) with the caps as they look like they are the same across the board. The Kappaperf guys will reap the discounted graphic work, as the rest of the market may see an increase in price by about 20$. We'll see how that goes. Ebay uncovers alot.

The pic attached is a sample of black anodized with white-ish writing. This piece is like 8-10 inches tall.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 06:31:45 AM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2012, 07:42:23 PM »
When I get mine , I plan on doing the Engraved area in" Red " to match the Theme of my car. Can't wait to see them
Mods

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2012, 08:35:48 PM »
So, they can be color anodized + custom engraved, and then polished to look like color chrome?

Anodizing is a process where the aluminum surface has a layer of oxidation form on it.  The oxidation is a micro porous surface kind of like tiny honeycombs which will absorb a dye which is how they get the different colors.  The part is then sealed to hold the dye in place.  You can actually oxidize the part use Sharpie markers to draw a picture and then seal that image onto the part.

Generally you do not polish a part after anodizing because you will remove the sealer and possibly the oxidation layer too.
2007 Aggressive GXP