Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Billet Wheel Center Caps - Pics in - Taking orders  (Read 14227 times)

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • go for broke, or stay home
Re: Billet Wheel Center Caps - Pics in - Taking orders
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2012, 03:08:33 PM »
Hi Sol, in regards to my previous post, we polish BEFORE anodizing. Polishing after would only muck up the ano. Again, we polish before ano. Two TOTALLY different looks between non polished ano and polished ano.
never run out of asphalt, brake, or real estate at the same time!!

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »
Lil NDN, as far as marking the engraved section in red. When we anodize the part and then laser engrave the anodize, the laser basically 'bleaches' the anodize. It doesn't remove the anodizing or get to bare aluminum. It just turns the anodizing white. You really can't 'fill in' the graphic like say a body emblem. Just want to make sure you were aware of that.

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2012, 04:53:36 PM »
I think I'm going to jump in on this now too. I sent you an email with the custom graphic. Thanks.
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline speedsports66

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2012, 05:20:55 PM »
Thanks Helios, I'm excited for you guys to get these. Very cool and personal mod that is reasonably priced. I have polished ones in stock to send to anodizers this week. If anybody else wants red, let me know now. The turn around time on anodizing is a week or two.