Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: spit & sputtering  (Read 1819 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
spit & sputtering
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:03:55 PM »
I haven't started the Sol in about a week . Last time I ran it ,it was OK . NOW 
I went out and tried to start it and kept turning over ,Turned Off then tried again it started and just kept spiting over & over . Turned it off and tried again now it ran but was missing . Going out in the Morning and put the code reader on it . Any Ideas what codes it might  get ?       :banghead:     :gaah:     :idk:     Never did this Before
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
Re: spit & sputtering
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 10:33:13 PM »
Codes would help.  This could be a variety of things

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »
Dave  ,  My first though was HPFP  I'm not ruling anything out . Will post codes in the Morning
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 04:45:06 AM »
Check the evap Bobby. Easy check and known to fail quite often
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »
I've got (1) code and (2) pending .Got P0101code , P0101 and P2178 Pending says MAF or VAF  Low fuel range bank (1)  . Could it be the Plugs to sensors ? Wires are soldered ,Someone was saying the Pins in the connector plugs come loose . Is there a different connector I can get?
Mods

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:26 PM »
Ok well anyone who wants to send DDMworks money for my engine build is happy to do so.
:D

I need that tool, that will save a lot of time

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 06:09:00 PM »
Ok well anyone who wants to send DDMworks money for my engine build is happy to do so.
:D

I need that tool, that will save a lot of time

Nicely posted in the wrong thread.

Bobby,

Check for leaks in IC plumbing, evap valve,
Make the right choices now

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 08:31:06 PM »
OK thanks I did find Oil on bottom of Coupling at the Turbo Elbow . I had DDM powder coat it in Oct. at the Open house . I will pull it off on Monday after work either loose band or hole in Coupling or burrs letting it weep out.
Mods

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »
I cleaned the sensors , took off Hoses ,tightened everything ,Checked for leaks . Reset codes .
            "   SO FAR SO GOOD  "         :yay:         :tool:       :knock:       
Mods