Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Resonators for Solo SQR2  (Read 1890 times)

Offline scottydel

• Tech
Resonators for Solo SQR2
« on: February 08, 2013, 01:18:05 AM »
Hi all,
Looking for anyone who might have some insight on the resonators Solo provides for the SQR2 exhaust.
I installed the Solo exhaust about 2500 miles ago and am experiencing a bit of drone at certain RPMs. Although I do like the exhaust note of the SQR2, it is also just a bit loud for my taste.
I spoke with Jeff at Solo and he stated that they could sell me a couple resonators that would help with the drone and reduce the audible level by about 20%. Due to the added cost of the resonators and labor to weld them in, I was hoping a forum member might have some info or best case, had done the install and could comment on the outcome.
Thanks in advance!
'08 Brazen NA Loaded w/Premium, Preferred and Convenience Pkgs, Air, 5-speed, 6-disc Monsoon w/mp3, Chrome Wheels, Rear Spoiler, LSD, and Sport Metallic Pedals
Mods:
DDMWorks Stage II SuperCharged and Trifecta Tuned, DDMWorks Pro-beam, DDMWorks Race Backbone, DDMWorks Coil Cover, Solo Performance SQR-2 Exhaust, Norms Rear Diffuser, MRZ Performance Billet Engine Bay and Trunk Lid Covers, Kappashield, Lil' Chromies, Opel GT Antenna

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Resonators for Solo SQR2
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 09:23:09 AM »
Been there done that. What Jeff said is exactly what my experience was. I know that Spiky and DeepBlueGXP's cars were done as well.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline scottydel

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 07:33:23 PM »
Thanks Sly,
What would really be cool is if Spiky had some audio clips of before and after the resonator install.  I think he has since sold his GXP, but didn't he have a repository of audio clips for lots of different exhaust systems?
'08 Brazen NA Loaded w/Premium, Preferred and Convenience Pkgs, Air, 5-speed, 6-disc Monsoon w/mp3, Chrome Wheels, Rear Spoiler, LSD, and Sport Metallic Pedals
Mods:
DDMWorks Stage II SuperCharged and Trifecta Tuned, DDMWorks Pro-beam, DDMWorks Race Backbone, DDMWorks Coil Cover, Solo Performance SQR-2 Exhaust, Norms Rear Diffuser, MRZ Performance Billet Engine Bay and Trunk Lid Covers, Kappashield, Lil' Chromies, Opel GT Antenna

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 09:04:02 PM »
I think this is the thread you had in mind.

http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,351.0.html
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:25:37 AM »
I actually tried to do before and after videos when I got my resonators installed but although I could tell an obvious difference, the camera couldn't pick it up. The auto levels on consumer cameras doesn't really work well for this kind of thing.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!