Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Remembrance plaque  (Read 2928 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Remembrance plaque
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »
To those that wanted to see the Rememberance Plaque  Happen . I am sorry there is not enough interest so I'm calling it off .

I Hope no one is to upset   , Bobby

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:55:32 PM by 1 LIL NDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Remembrance plaque
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
If you're gonna mention those 3 cars, you'd be remiss if you don't mention the Daewoo G2X as that too was built in Delaware on the Kappa platform.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 06:29:25 PM »
I didn't know they were built at the Boxwood Plant and had the same chassis . I don't remember seeing one of them none of the times I was there.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 06:38:31 PM »
The Daewoo was handled in the plant a bit differently than the Opel GT.   The only difference between the Daewoo and the Sky was in the badges, otherwise they were identical.  The Daewoos were reported as Saturn Skys in the monthly production reports, while the Opel GTs were reported as Opel GTs.
Aggressive #000741

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:39:21 PM »
So this is the same car as the Sky with different Badges So it is still a Sky. It was only made from Mid 2007 to June 2008.
Mods

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »
Yep it's the same car, but not badged the same. We have a few members here that have the Daewoo.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/08/gms-kappa-platform-spawns-another-offspring-in-seoul/
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »
There was one there during the 3rd visit I believe, it was yellow. 
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »
Were the gauges the same as in the USA( MPH,Gal.,RPM, and the rest?, because it was producted for Sales in South Korea .
Mods

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 08:53:25 PM »
Were the gauges the same as in the USA( MPH,Gal.,RPM, and the rest?, because it was producted for Sales in South Korea .

All I know is that they were considered to be Skys for the purposes of publicly held corporation reports to shareholders.  I would assume that the gauges were either Canadian or USA.
Aggressive #000741

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 09:04:01 PM »
Bobby, just sent you a PM on the Remembrance Plaque!

Ron
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »
metric gauges in them, the same as the GT,
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 08:04:16 PM »
metric gauges in them, the same as the GT,

... or the Canadian Sky, I would think
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline bds

• Tech
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »
Interesting info on the Daewoo. But let me redirect this back to the 'Remembrance Plaque'.

My I suggest listing the 'Daewoo G2X' after Pontiac Solstice so that the text follows the tapered sides of the 'flat bottomed V'. Oh, and the proper text for 'SKY' is all upper case. (Yes, I've been called anal. . . )
example:

\     2006 thru 2010     /
                                            \    Pontiac Solstice    /
                                              \     Daewoo G2X    /
                                               \     Saturn SKY    /
                                                 \     Opel GT     /
                                                   \__________/

Please, put me down for one!

bds

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »
Not going to happen
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:50:18 PM by 1 LIL NDN »
Mods

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
 To those that wanted to see the  " Rememberance Plaque " not enough    interest so I'm calling it off .

Sorry         , Bobby
Mods

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 12:20:25 PM »
You should buy the minimum, bring them to the mod meet and to the annual event.  Once people see them they will probably sell.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 02:52:51 PM »
You should buy the minimum, bring them to the mod meet and to the annual event.  Once people see them they will probably sell.

To many people are asking for the plaque to be more personal for their car .  let someone else do it.
Mods