Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Philadelphia, let's have lunch Saturday and maybe a car show?  (Read 14358 times)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Friday night (the 17th) we'll be arriving in Philly and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up for lunch on Saturday (the 18th). Hopefully there is a local car show / cruise night / cars and coffee we can check out that evening.

It'd be great to see some Kappa folks and get together for a while. My wife and I aren't going to be in town for anything in particular, just planning on going on a nice long drive with the car for the weekend.   :cool:

Any suggestions for a decent place for lunch? Is there a Quaker lube burger place (or whatever they're called) down that way?
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: Philadelphia, let's have lunch Saturday and maybe a car show?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 07:16:42 PM »
Is there a Quaker lube burger place (or whatever they're called) down that way?

That kind of sounds like another name for a White Castle.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
Just a nice place we could get together for lunch or for dinner if that works better for everyone, somewhere that make great Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches would work too. We can't go to Philly and not have a Philly Cheese Steak can we?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:34:55 PM by Sly Bob »

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline SHiNY

• Faster than Slowest Romanian
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »
I was thinking about heading down to skyline drive that weekend. Reed is not around as he has a wedding to attend. I'm not sure what Morfious is up to, I'll find out and let you know.

I used my Droid Elff

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »
The restaurant is " Quaker Steak and Lube " These pictures were taken in Fredricksberg,VA last month. There big thing are Wings and They have their own HOT Stuff for dipping
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:30:51 PM by 1 LIL NDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
Bob do you have a meeting place in mind? I don't know much about Philly. Where you staying Friday night. If I'm not back in Florida I will be there.As long as you don't bring the Canada snow with you.    :yay:    :thumbs:    :lol:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »
Bob I know less about Philly than you do as I've never been there. Hoping Sal might have an idea  where we could hook up. Hoping to stay at a local Comfort Inn but not sure which one would be best.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 07:37:54 PM »
Bob  Well we have a week so maybe a Map of some sort will show to. I know of ( 1 ) show but that is near Dover,Del and its a closed show " PTs take flight "  Mine is still in Florida,or I would be there.
Mods

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 04:07:22 PM »
If you want to see some real cars.
In West Chester, just outside of Philadelphia, There is a Coffee and Cars at a Starbucks on RT 202.  This occurs every Saturday at 8AM.
Ferrari's, Lamborghini's Lotus's etc.  all show up.   

There are a bunch of good Restaurants close by depending on what you like to eat.  Including some very good Burger Joints.

To get to this area is also very easy from Philly
Take I-95 South
Take 322 West
Take 202 NORTH
The Starbucks will eventually be on the right.  There is a large Wawa with Gas Pumps.  At the very next light turn right, then turn left into the shopping area.
This is across the Street from a Mazda Dealership and behind a PJ Whelihan's
If you see a Mercedes across from BMW you have gone 1 light too far and need to make a U-turn

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »
Nice, thanks Elff. Looks like they have a Facebook page too.   :poke:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cars-Coffee-West-Chester-PA-Edition/142160125802941

Definately need to check one of them out there are a few others in the area as well from what I can see. Both fundraisers by the look of it.

One in Ambler
http://everycarshow.com/events/17th-annual-ambler-auto-show/

One in Philly
http://www.hemmings.com/events/detail?listing_id=37277

They'd be a blast even just to have a look around. Could go see the guys for the Cars and Coffee and head to the show from there.  :thumbs:

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 06:22:40 PM »
Thats's the one and we are around this weekend.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 08:46:16 PM »
Well I'll be coming up I-95 then hit 202 headed to 322 .thats the way I go to my Son's place he is off of 422 just above King of Prussia,PA . I hope to be there for a Fun day . Do you know who all is going to be around yet. Wife gave me the OK not leaving till later in week 4 Florida . I have to drive my PT Home .
Mods

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
Found out the wife is not available, but I am.

You would just stay on RT202 and cross over the RT 1 Intersection and within a couple of miles you will be at the location.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 07:39:17 PM »
Gonna be in Philly for 2 full days staying at the Montgomeryville PA Comfort Inn. Gettin' there later Friday and leaving Monday morning. Hoping to go to Geno’s Steaks for a cheese steak sandwich maybe Saturday for lunch. Elff and Bob, you guys are going to be at the cars and coffee Saturday morning? Hopefully BigSal can join us there or at Geno's. What time is best to meet for a cheese steak?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 08:43:49 PM »
The address is 1353 wilmington Pike   west Chester,PA  ( Dilworth Starbucks ) This the one on RT 202
Mods

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
Thats it

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 08:28:42 AM »
Is Biig Sal & son going to be there . Are we doing lunch after Cars & Coffee on Saturday.?
Mods

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 08:57:09 AM »
Hey you could do lunch, then take a run down to the old plant in Wilmington in the afternoon - not very far away ~18 miles.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 10:45:52 AM »
I don't think they would let us in. 

I would like confirmation on the Cars and Coffee, otherwise I will sleep in and meet people somewhere for lunch
:D

Offline BigSal

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you Bob. I live about 3 miles from where you are staying in Montgomeryville (908 Crest Road Upper Gwynedd, PA 19446).

Both Bryan and I will be anywhere we need to be. When are you getting into your hotel. When you arrive call me. My cell is 267.231.3913 We're open for going to Elffs (car show).  lil Indian, will you be around for this? I think we can do the show and coffee and then go to Geno's for dinner time. Sound OK?

Big Sal & Bryan
Performance Mods
Westers Tune v5.2
DDMWorks Extreme BackBone
DDMWorks Charge Tubes
kappaSPRINGS by Eibach
Dejon Cold Air Intake
DeJon BOV Spring
Solo High Flow Cat
Solo Mach Shorty Cat Back

Show Mods
lil' Chromies
Lambo Doors
JPM Leather Center Console
JPM Sown Seatbelt Loops
DeepBlueGXP Front Light mod
Debadged except for
WG Badge Added (Westers Garage)

Offline BigSal

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 12:43:49 PM »
Elff,

Get your ass up! Sleep In... Arwe we tiwerd in da mornin???  :violin:
Performance Mods
Westers Tune v5.2
DDMWorks Charge Tubes
kappaSPRINGS by Eibach
Dejon Cold Air Intake
DeJon BOV Spring
Solo High Flow Cat

Show Mods
lil' Chromies
Lambo Doors
JPM Sown Seatbelt Loops
Debadged except for

Offline BigSal

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »
Elff,

That was  :kwh: in my last post, nothing more nothing less... Bob, there is car show close to where you are staying Friday night 6-9pm if you'd like to go. about a 15-20 minute drive from where you are staying.  Pictures @ http://www.downtheroadcruisers.com/photo-gallery.html 

Just saying...

Sal
Performance Mods
Westers Tune v5.2
DDMWorks Charge Tubes
kappaSPRINGS by Eibach
Dejon Cold Air Intake
DeJon BOV Spring
Solo High Flow Cat

Show Mods
lil' Chromies
Lambo Doors
JPM Sown Seatbelt Loops
Debadged except for

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 01:26:16 PM »
Your a Meany!!
:D

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »
I think he's cranky when he doesn't get his beauty sleep Sal.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline BigSal

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 01:41:43 PM »
I'll say! He gets that way when he has epic fail on burnouts though... Remember Elff????
What's up? How's everything? You coming too? Long trip if you are.

Sal
Performance Mods
Westers Tune v5.2
DDMWorks Charge Tubes
kappaSPRINGS by Eibach
Dejon Cold Air Intake
DeJon BOV Spring
Solo High Flow Cat

Show Mods
lil' Chromies