Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 11whp gain using the WERKSracing Phenolic Spacer Set!!!  (Read 12542 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: 11whp gain using the WERKSracing Phenolic Spacer Set!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
I notice a differance in heat transfer but don't know what the added HP differance is.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 06:13:09 PM by 1 LIL NDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Omiotek

• Vendor
  • Tech
  • Performance Autowerks
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 11:39:07 PM »
Less heat transfer = cooler air charge(more power for longer) :)

That to me is the biggest gain over a HP gain. After a track session the intakes warm and so is the throttle body but you can touch it unlike when you do not have the spacers and its ridiculously hot.

Anyone need a how to on this? im thinking of doing on here for the guys that need it.

Offline spartan

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 08:31:04 AM »
That would be fantastic.  I might try to tackle it myself if I had a how to.  Parts have been sitting for over a year!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 01:16:36 PM »
I have to say You do notice a differance and a cooler manifold . Mine was done in Flagstaff,AZ in June,2013 . I think it is worth doing .
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Omiotek

• Vendor
  • Tech
  • Performance Autowerks
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 12:42:46 AM »
Its a cheap mod... Totally worth doing imho.

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 11:20:29 AM »
So I have to ask if the spacers helps to keep the intake manifold and throttle body cooler, is that reflected by the engine temp indicator?  I'm guessing no, but wanted to verify.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 10:41:38 PM »
ChopTop
            I have the spacers and it does have a cooler to touch , but the temp is through the block and my temp reading is always about 194*
Mods