Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: DOUBLE THE FUN KAPPA CORRAL, JUNE 22ND  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Sbutcher2

• Tech
DOUBLE THE FUN KAPPA CORRAL, JUNE 22ND
« on: May 31, 2013, 04:00:15 PM »
Have you ever been to the Road Racing Center of the Northeast to watch some amazing motorsports action involving the Pontiac Solstice RACE ?

Here is your chance …..

On Saturday, June 22, 2013 the Midway Race Team and Bob Demers invites you to attend the New England Region’s "Double the Fun" - Double NERRC & Double NARRC Regional Races at Lime Rock Park, Located in Lakeville, CT on Rte112. He has hosted this event several times at Lime Rock Park. “ We always look forward to seeing the Kappa guys and gals, I'll bring the bubba burgers. Maybe Steve can pull some strings with some laps on track during the lunch break? "

Well Bob, We will do our best to help make this a great time for everyone and I am LOOKING FORWARD to see everyone on Saturday. The Sports Car  Club of America is holding the “ Double the Fun New England Region Road Race and we expect a terrific event that is complete with the Midway Buick, GMC Race Team hospitality.

Lime Rock Park is an amazing motorsports venue and is so much more. To be a part of the action and to enjoy an exciting fan experience we also hope to be able to provide a tour of Lime Rocks facilities. There maybe a parade lap on the track, so get the word out and let Jerry, Bob and I know you are all in. Please reply to forum  post too.

Come on out, show your support and watch the field of competition drivers of performance vehicles  thrill you to some great racing action………….

Please check the Lime Rock Park website, Lime Rock Park - Lime Rock Park for details about the area, or call for the track office at 860.435.5000 Admission to Lime Rock does require a ticket with ADVANCE SALES ENDING AT 5:00PM ON JUNE 14. AFTER 12:00AM GATE PRICING APPLIES. The Advance Price: $10 and at the Gate Price: $15 the day of the event. Local area information is available for those considering staying over Friday night on the Lime Rock website. Camping at the track is included with this ticket. Camping opens Friday June 21 at 6:00 pm. Children 12 & under are admitted free. Event occurs rain or shine. Everyone attending will really enjoy this fun day and great opportunity to gather at a wonderful venue to meet others that are equally interested in Kappa cars , motorsports and being with some friendly folks.
Enjoying the open ride.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: DOUBLE THE FUN KAPPA CORRAL, JUNE 22ND
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 05:40:28 PM »
I went a few years ago, and had a great time.  It is a long drive for me and the only drawback is accomadations.  There aren't many in the immediate area.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sbutcher2

• Tech
Staying in the area
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 06:11:29 PM »
Lime Rock has some beautiful scenery and great country roads. There are several B and B's in the area. The Torrington area about 20 minutes away has modestly priced hotels. These fill quickly so make your plans early.

The SCCA is alway needing volunteers which gives you full acces, great hospitality and free camping at Lime Rock. As a member we would be happy to help you to be a part of the action.

I also work for the track in Guest Services and if I can assistance in making your visit a great experience please contact me. I will offer two free passes for the first to make a commitment to attend.

We look forward to a good showing of cars and fantastastic racing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:40:15 PM by Sbutcher2 »
Enjoying the open ride.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: DOUBLE THE FUN KAPPA CORRAL, JUNE 22ND
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 07:41:43 PM »
That is why I put that out there, you have to make plans early.  Does that lady for LI still have the B&B across from the track entrance?  She was good people and staying there was a true experience.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia