Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: GM Roadster days SEP 6-7th at Performance AutoWerks  (Read 3252 times)

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
GM Roadster days SEP 6-7th at Performance AutoWerks
« on: July 04, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »
I was talking with Dave and he told me that he has scheduled a GM Roadster sponsored event Sep.6-7th at his shop in Bolingbrook. He mentioned BBQ, dinner, mods, installs, sales, tunes, tech help etc etc. There is also a thought to do a run out to Starved Rock. I don't have any info on that and maybe he doesn't have any at the moment either. So, for those owners in and around the Chicago area mark your calendars. He'll probably be on here with more or maybe it will come out of GM Roadster directly. I don't know because I have been involved in these and don't know who has the ball. Mark it up...Critter
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline Dream20b

• Tech
  • You know I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
Re: GM Roadster days SEP 6-7th at Performance AutoWerks
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »
its close to me :)

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:54:51 AM »
If you guys want the run route for Starved Rock...let me know.  I have it going both directions using a few different roads to keep it interesting.

You can either start it in Minooka or Morris...just depends on how much time you have.

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:49:01 AM »
If you guys want the run route for Starved Rock...let me know.  I have it going both directions using a few different roads to keep it interesting.

You can either start it in Minooka or Morris...just depends on how much time you have.

Thanks, I'll let him know. He asked me to spread the word a bit so I'm doing that. As far as the planning, I don't know that he has thought that foar ahead but he should get that part started. maybe this will come from the GM Roadster connection - have no idea. All I can say is this - anyone who is remotely close to Werks and uses someone else for anything on these cars is missing the boat. Dave does everything for me from oil changes on up. No one else touches my car but him and it runs like the machine it is - far different than the machine it was!!! Critter
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 11:23:54 AM »
Thanks, I'll let him know. He asked me to spread the word a bit so I'm doing that. As far as the planning, I don't know that he has thought that foar ahead but he should get that part started. maybe this will come from the GM Roadster connection - have no idea. All I can say is this - anyone who is remotely close to Werks and uses someone else for anything on these cars is missing the boat. Dave does everything for me from oil changes on up. No one else touches my car but him and it runs like the machine it is - far different than the machine it was!!! Critter

The local Chicago GM Roadster kids should have my routes.  I sent the Starved Rock stuff to fiziksgxp (Tony) last year.  Rick Buda also knows the route or can fake it close enough.  He has a good route from the Plainfield area all the way to Morris.

DDM Dave and Werks Dave are both good kappa Docs!

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »
Thats going to be a tough date for alot of people to make considering the Maryland Mod Meet is only a couple of days earlier

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 02:19:10 AM »
Yeah, the only way I'll make this is if I go to Iowa for the football game.  But I might.  I need to get some games in this fall.

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »
Yes, this is definitely happening!  Stay tuned for an official announcement from us an GM Roadster...
Dave Gilbert
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Anthony's SKY Redline LNF - GT35R - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 442whp/414ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs
Matt's Cobalt SS LNF Billet 55/57 WERKs turbo - 93 Octane - 442whp/450ftlbs
www.performanceautowerks.com
info@performanceautowerks.com

Offline redlinedude

• Master Tech
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 10:13:42 PM »
If I can bring my stock Sky Redline and get a performance tune using the dyno you can count me in.
Drove My Redline home top down on 12/12/06
In 60 Degree weather In Akron, Ohio !!
Silver Pearl / Black Leather
5 Speed
Limited-Slip Differential
Chrome Wheels
6-Disc CD Monsoon
Stubby B Antenna
JPM Leather Console
Enjoying another cancer free day !!

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 11:53:25 AM »
If I can bring my stock Sky Redline and get a performance tune using the dyno you can count me in.

We will certainly be able to street tune it for you, on the dyno I am not too sure, we just sold our older Mustang dyno and the new Dynocom dyno in on the way, expected delivery is sometime mid to late August so it depends on when it arrives and whether or not we can get it operational in time!
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs

Offline Dream20b

• Tech
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 09:45:51 PM »
Put in the request off form today!

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 09:28:34 AM »
Put in the request off form today!

Sweet man, I'll post up the official info here shortly, thanks.
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751

Offline Dream20b

• Tech
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 10:45:59 AM »
Looking forwards to it!