Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New WRP Kappa Battery, Fuse Box, Coolant Res. and Brake Res. Covers!!!  (Read 10170 times)

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
If any of you were at NASSM 2013 then you saw us unveil our New WRP line of Kappa Battery, Fuse Box, Coolant Reservoir and Brake Reservoir Covers!!!

For those show quality installs and customers who want that extra attention to detail!

Hand made in house here at Performance Autowerks using US Steel, TIG welded and then powdercoated with a durable lifetime warranted finish.

Currently available in 13 color options with top insert panel options available as well...

WRP Kappa Coolant Reservoir Cover -

Available here for $95.00 - The Home of WERKSracing products - WRP Kappa Coolant Reservoir Cover

WRP Kappa Fuse Box Cover -

Available here for $65.00 - The Home of WERKSracing products - WRP Kappa Fuse Box Cover

WRP Kappa Brake Reservoir Cover -

Available here for $65.00 -
The Home of WERKSracing products - WRP Kappa Brake Reservoir Cover

WRP Kappa Battery Cover -

Available here for $135.00 -
The Home of WERKSracing products - WRP Kappa Battery Cover

***Custom colors available for extra charge upon request***

Dave Gilbert
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Anthony's SKY Redline LNF - GT35R - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 442whp/414ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs
Matt's Cobalt SS LNF Billet 55/57 WERKs turbo - 93 Octane - 442whp/450ftlbs
www.performanceautowerks.com
info@performanceautowerks.com

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
On the first day of Nationals I walked by Dave's table of goodies and didn't realize these items. I was in a daze seeing all the cars and meeting people. On Saturday I walked by again and realized what I missed and said, "I have to have those." My wife said, "you need those!" (I love her) I purchased the coolant cover and brake cover in gloss black and  they really give a custom uncluttered engine bay look. Dave was gracious enough to set the coolant cover on and the brake cover is on order for shipping. From the window side you can see the level of coolant as well as the front by the wheel well. This is really cool looking "Bling" for your car.

Thanks Dave for still being a Kappa vendor and enthusiast for making our cars look good, drive fast and be the best they can be.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
What holds it all down and keeps it from rattling?
Make the right choices now

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
For the coolant cover it is bolted down on one corner with the tank and on the inside top there is double sided 3m tape. It all over the top since the tank is curved. No rattles at all.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
Thanks cdflint!
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751
WERKS MAX Power Solstice GXP LNF - "50 Trim" WERKs turbo - 109 Octane - 415whp/428ftlbs
Ricky's Solstice LE5 '50 trim" WERKS turbo - 93 Octane/Water/Meth - 374whp/358ftlbs

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Sweet!  I hate rattles.

Offline Gadget

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Oh sweet beard of Zeus!!!
The last thing I need is more temptation :)
Her name is: "Sparkle Butt"
Mods: TBD
Starting over

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Nice to see new products coming out for our cars. Kudos to you Dave!
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
They are Good looking peices. the colors are bright . I saw them being put on . Some may even have my finger prints on them.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Nice products! I will be getting a fuse box cover soon!
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
Can you get them without the logos?  For me- the logos are a bit gaudy. I like simple and clean.

Also- there seems to be something inherently dangerous putting a metal box over the battery?  Isn't that just asking for trouble?

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
We can build you a custom set without our logos on them that is not a problem. 

As far as the battery box goes, no as long as the cover is installed correctly, (pushed down all the way) we have a relief cut in the positive side of the cover so the + terminal will not contact it.

Can you get them without the logos?  For me- the logos are a bit gaudy. I like simple and clean.

Also- there seems to be something inherently dangerous putting a metal box over the battery?  Isn't that just asking for trouble?
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
Thanks guys and gals for all the kinds words!
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751

Offline bkw

• Apprentice/Gofer
How much does the entire set weigh? Why would I want to add that weight to the car for no performance gain or functional purpose?
Same with those billet caps. The plastic originals are practically weightless, vs a fist-size chunk of aluminum = not exactly weightless.
This stuff is essentially paying money to downgrade your car.

Offline Omiotek

• Vendor
  • Tech
  • Performance Autowerks
How much does the entire set weigh? Why would I want to add that weight to the car for no performance gain or functional purpose?
Same with those billet caps. The plastic originals are practically weightless, vs a fist-size chunk of aluminum = not exactly weightless.
This stuff is essentially paying money to downgrade your car.

not everyone is into go fast stuff. some people want some show to their cars and lets be honest the tanks aren't really eye catching especially on an older car that the plastic has discolored.

so is it a downgrade for weight? sure...... if you have a race car don't put them on there if you dont want to but for what they weigh(idk the exact weight) your not going to lose enough time to actually make the weight difference a legit argument...... is it a downgrade for looking good? not at all in my opinion  :thumbs:

Offline JBD

• Apprentice/Gofer
I recognize that red set,  that car is in my garage! These really do look great.  I didn't get the battery cover,  the design is for is for the standard battery not the Optia I have. Now to find a way to paint the engine cover to match.

And Dave,  the exhaust fix is w working fine. Thanks again!

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
edited for no reason... :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:53:53 PM by cdflint »
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
These look like they won't fit if you have a billet cap on the brake reservoir

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
That was my issue but Dave has ordered a MRZ cap to bore out and get the fit right.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Offline Omiotek

• Vendor
  • Tech
  • Performance Autowerks
I recognize that red set,  that car is in my garage! These really do look great.  I didn't get the battery cover,  the design is for is for the standard battery not the Optia I have. Now to find a way to paint the engine cover to match.

And Dave,  the exhaust fix is w working fine. Thanks again!

take it off and powdercoat the valve cover and get a coil cover.... much better looking imho

Offline diamoney

• Master Tech
  • I coulda had a V8! But I'm not a fan of tomatoes.
Is it just the angle at which the pix were taken or does the white coolant cover not have the clearance cut-out for the hose?  Different attach method?

#000600 S/C
158000+ miles

'07 GXP T/C+
0-100 in what?

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
take it off and powdercoat the valve cover and get a coil cover.... much better looking imho

Listen to the man. I did exactly this with Dave. Powder coated the valve cover red and got the coil cover done in a steel matte grey just to break it up a bit. Awesome...Critter
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline Omiotek

• Vendor
  • Tech
  • Performance Autowerks
Listen to the man. I did exactly this with Dave. Powder coated the valve cover red and got the coil cover done in a steel matte grey just to break it up a bit. Awesome...Critter

its the angle.... all the covers have the cut for the upper overflow hose

Offline werks

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
Large billet cap option on Brake Reservoir Cover now available!

http://www.performanceautowerks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1987
Dave Gilbert
Phone - 815-439-4547
Fax - 815-439-6751

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
How does one check the fluid level with these installed?  It looks like you can shine a flashlight through the cutouts on the coolant tank, but how about the brake/clutch fluid reservoir?  I mean no disrespect.  Just curious.