Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Solstice in Grassroots Motorsports Magazine  (Read 1188 times)

Offline GASNGO

• Premium Member
  • Tech
Solstice in Grassroots Motorsports Magazine
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:24:37 PM »
In the August 2013 issue of Grassroots Motorsports Magazine there is an article about the Pontiac Solstice.
GASNGO

Offline GXP_Matt

• Tech
Re: Solstice in Grassroots Motorsports Magazine
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »
Nice exposure but the writer didn't seem like they did much research... they mentioned the Solstice's "racing heritage" in the SSB and T2 classes but not the multiple wins, no mention of how it fits 295 tires under the stock fenders and the that engine from the factory has a lot left on the table... no recommended mods like they usually do in those articles.  Disappointing.
2007 zero option GXP, SCCA A-Street
Full LNF Z0k conversion, Koni Yellows, Solo Race, SSR wheels, BF Goodrich Rivals in 245/40-18

2013 North Carolina Street Tire class champion

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
Ran out and bought it at B&N.  Agree positive exposure even if some of the comments appear to be regurgitated.

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:11:47 AM »
They didn't know how many coupes were built, thought the Kappas came with a 6 speed, and said the GXP 260 BHP engine was "lacking finesse to control the engine power band".   What does that even mean??

I agree - written by someone regurgitating previous reviews to produce space filler.  Didn't sound like they'd ever driven one.  Apart from me, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone complaining about the steering in these cars.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:17:16 AM by wspohn »
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT