Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: What to pay for a GXP  (Read 7430 times)

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
What to pay for a GXP
« on: July 13, 2013, 05:55:52 PM »
I'm thinking about buying another solstice and was wondering if this particular car was worth the money. Yes the mileage is high but the plan is to have DDM build the motor so I don't think that will be a problem unless I'm wrong. It blue books for a little higher than what they are asking for. I would one to hear from the people that have some series mileage in their car and how it's holding up. Also what does everyone think of this car. It's only an hour or so from me so I might go down and look at it.

http://tinyurl.com/p52fgf2
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:26:36 PM by Sly Bob, Reason: Fixed long URL that broke formatting on page »
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake
Dakota Digital EG, Boost Gauage, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure
DDM Probeam, Backbone, IC Pipes, Coilcover Cross Brace
JPM Shifter, Center Console
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: What to pay for a GXP
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »
Lot of miles
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 08:06:12 PM »
You know that once you retired from the club, you can no longer get back in, right?

Please.  No grovelling and crying. :donkey:
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »
I'm not worried about the miles since if I bought it the plan would be to tear it apart. I thought always once a member always one lol
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 08:18:23 PM »
With that high mileage you should be able to work on the price . When you go to look at it just keep saying to yourself and the sales person .( You have to sell the car but I don't have to buy it .) How long has it been Listed?  Also ask them how fast do they want to sell it.

Unless you know for sure how the car and Motor has been maintained. I would offer about 6,500.00 and let them bring up the price to their bottom line price . Then you may hear We have someone else that is looking at it . There are GXP's on the Solstice Forum  W/mods  done and low mileage going for 13 -16K . let them meet your price
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:30:19 PM by 1 LIL NDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 08:22:03 PM »
With that high mileage you should be able to work on the price . When you go to look at it just keep saying to yourself and the sales person .( You have to sell the car but I don't have to buy it .) How long has it been Listed?  Also ask them how fast do they want to sell it.

It's been listed for about a month and believe it or not its under the kbb quote as well. I was thinking of maybe offering 7900 for it and see what they say.
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 08:33:24 PM »
Looks ok, but the drink holder is broken, there's a hundred off. :lol:
But the biggest thing to check out is what happened to the lower lip on the nose, looks like the intercooler sucked in too hard.
Since you are rebuilding see if you could knock off a liitle more. Won't hurt to try!
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
Start lower , let them haggle you . If its been listed that long either they can't sell it or holding out for the right buyer that will pay their price.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 08:39:12 PM »
  IBD ;Your still coming in here arn't you and no Gate keeper asking for member # or ID
Mods

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 08:40:01 PM »
Start lower , let them haggle you . If its been listed that long either they can't sell it or holding out for the right buyer that will pay their price.
That sounds like a good plan!
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 08:43:06 PM »
You know that once you retired from the club, you can no longer get back in, right?

When you're a Kappa, stay a Kappa! (west side story music in the background)

Topdowneh

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 11:12:50 PM »
It amazes me how someone can own a GXP for about 6 years, put 167K miles on it and not add even one MOD.  :huh:

I agree that the front lower grill has hit something and is pushed up. Also, the front right head light looks foggy (could be just the lighting in the photo).  Still $8,000 plus is a good deal for a GXP. I would definately take it out for a test drive. Floor it in 4th gear and check for clutch slippage and confirm that you are getting some good boost out of the turbo.

That is a lot of car for $8000 plus especially if you are going to work on the power train anyway.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 12:21:49 AM »
Lots of things wear out in that mileage. Ball joints, motor mounts, all rubber seals, etc.

Going to need more that just a motor.

It's all doable. Don't get me wrong. But don't fool yourself.
Make the right choices now

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 03:22:43 AM »
Lots of things wear out in that mileage. Ball joints, motor mounts, all rubber seals, etc.

Going to need more that just a motor.

It's all doable. Don't get me wrong. But don't fool yourself.

Your exactly right there which I didnt even factor in. There are a bunch in the 12,000 range with around 50,000 miles on it that I might go take a look at.
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 07:23:09 AM »
I'd check the convertible top for tears and where it folds inside for tears.  How is the clutch/water pump.  Nice looking car.  Looks stock.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 11:36:59 AM »
I'd like to highlight this post :)

Your exactly right there which I didnt even factor in. There are a bunch in the 12,000 range with around 50,000 miles on it that I might go take a look at.
Make the right choices now

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »

Very wise decision...many who have looked at this car I am sure have been turned off by the mileage on it...but it is clean for the miles, and as a project vehicle you are undertaking a huge job and you just have to decide if it is worth the effort!  Sounds to me that you have been smitten with it and the challenge might be fun! But there are a lot of choices out there that might be as well...

Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 04:25:50 PM »
For you, Mr. Donkey Owner, I can allow you to make me an offer for a genuine Opel GT shipped to US. (25k miles :P)

PS: Don't forget about Mod Meet :)
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »
If you are going to have the engine done by DDM then your only concern should be how the rest of the car has hold up.
These one owner car could have belong to sales person that might have done a lot of highway miles.
I think you can probably get it for $8000.00.
Try and see if you can find the original owner.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 04:55:16 PM »
I need to have someone run the vin for me to check out the history of it before I do anything, maybe I can ask a fellow member in that area to run over and take a look at it since I'm working crazy ass hours and not sure when I will be able to get down there.
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Kappa Intake
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 11:31:12 PM »
IBD  I sent you an E-Mail
Mods

Offline Gadget

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 02:01:19 AM »
According to this dealer the value seems to have gone up on our cars recently:

http://www.brooksbiddle.com/used-cars/detail/2008-Pontiac-Solstice/998/1G2MF35X88Y116247

Comparatively $8000 is a steal!
;)
Her name is: "Sparkle Butt"
Mods: TBD
Starting over

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 09:46:38 AM »
Gadget ,     No Hassle Sale Price:$166,225.00   . I think that must be if you are a first time buyer and not a collector of these cars .
Mods

Offline Gadget

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
$166,000 should get me a "lot" more car than a solstice.
Like a Ferrari or 2x Tesla ;)
Her name is: "Sparkle Butt"
Mods: TBD
Starting over

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
And that car doesn't even have leather seats, so with the leather my car should be like $190K.
2007 Aggressive GXP