Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: My Car Is No More...  (Read 12904 times)

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: My Car Is No More...
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 03:32:18 PM »
Actually I looked and it seems there are some in Indiana and Wisconsin but not Hellinois that match Sal's requirements.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Redrocket

• Red Rocket
  • Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 06:12:39 PM »
BigSal - Bryan, met you guys at the coffee and cars in Philly.  Sorry to hear about the accident but thanks all around for no major injuries - backs never seem to get better after a problem.....
Will keep an eye on this area for a replacement.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 10:41:53 PM »
Wow
Just
Wow

I am really glad to hear Bryan is Ok.  That loser gives us other lifted drivers a bad name.
I am soooo sorry to hear that the solstice was messed up.
I hope you can get a new one or try to fix this one.   You really need to stay in a kappa

Offline The Carrier

• Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2013, 08:58:43 AM »
Sorry for your loss, but glad your son is OK!

When looking for a replacement, don't discount Craigslist as a search tool.  It was recommended to me, and despite my apprehension due to associated bad press, I found my Kappa through a CL search.  No surprise problems with her have come up.
Gawd, I LOVE this car!
2009 Sky Redline
Manual Trans
Leather
Spoiler
6 Disc Monsoon
Stock Setup

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2013, 06:45:18 AM »
Sal, So sorry to hear about your car! But Very glad to hear that your son is ok. Definitely don't have him sign any release's my wife is still in pain with a neck problem from we were first married, she signed thought she was ok, but still deals with pain.
Do you have a Car Max dealer near you. I found an 07 GXP Aggressive, Manual, Loaded with 10,00 mi.
They will transfer the car (for a fee) to a local  dealer near you so you could see and test it.
Here is a link.
 http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?AVi=0&id=9339451&AS=AAAE
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 07:19:58 AM by Sly Bob, Reason: Shortened URL »
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2013, 07:13:34 AM »
There is a car max in Lancaster PA
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2013, 10:44:59 AM »
Way To Go Crisco!!!

Offline Treeman

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2013, 11:09:19 AM »
Wow, sorry Sal but glad your son's ok.
2009 Aggressive GXP
DDM Race Backbone, ProBeam, Coil Cover, Alignment, and Oil Catch Can
Solo Mach Shorty Exhaust
GMPP Tune
LatinVenom Front Brace
Werks Adjustable Sway Bars
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Summers/Pirelli 240 Sottozero Winters
Sound Deadener Showdown
Beach Party Central Custom Fusebox Cover
JPM Arm Rests
Lead Foot!

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2013, 11:21:26 AM »
Sal, So sorry to hear about your car! But Very glad to hear that your son is ok. Definitely don't have him sign any release's my wife is still in pain with a neck problem from we were first married, she signed thought she was ok, but still deals with pain.
Do you have a Car Max dealer near you. I found an 07 GXP Aggressive, Manual, Loaded with 10,00 mi.
They will transfer the car (for a fee) to a local  dealer near you so you could see and test it.
Here is a link.
 http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/default.html?AVi=0&id=9339451&AS=AAAE

Lol I'm looking at that same car
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake
Dakota Digital EG, Boost Gauage, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure
DDM Probeam, Backbone, IC Pipes, Coilcover Cross Brace
JPM Shifter, Center Console
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2013, 10:49:32 PM »
Car is immaculate, worth every penny, buy it without hesitation...a 2007 Victory Red ( Aggressive) Pontiac GXP rarely is ever available with that low of miles and absolutely pristine condition!  :brnout:
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 07:36:31 AM »
mileage isn't indicated

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 08:44:38 AM »
If your talking about the one in GXPINKC's post and IBDs  It says only 10K
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2013, 10:00:34 AM »
If your talking about the one in GXPINKC's post and IBDs  It says only 10K

10K is a steal for that car, absolutely highway robbery!  Just seeing it makes me want to slobber, stutter, and rant with glee like on Christmas morning after opening all the presents!  Carol would absolutely blow a head gasket if I was to mention it to her but the value is there and it is worth that much!  Whoever pulls the trigger on this one is going to be a happy dude or lady!  Our Kappa's are usually driven long miles with happy owners and not very often available for the price quoted.  Whoever follows through and takes the plunge for this one will be one happy dude or lady!  SWEET INDEED!!!  :brnout: :drag: :woohoo: :us2:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:43:40 AM by GXPinKC »

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2013, 10:07:22 AM »
I agree, that does look like an amazing deal.  Even it has some things wrong with it, you can drop a couple thousand dollars in repairs and still be ahead of the game.

Offline IBDRINKEN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Donkey Master
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2013, 10:42:33 AM »
The only thing I don't like is that it has a front plate attached
13.5@101.90
320HP 358 Torque
Solo Hi Flow Cat/ 3in dual exhaust
Kappa Intake
Dakota Digital EG, Boost Gauage, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Fuel Pressure
DDM Probeam, Backbone, IC Pipes, Coilcover Cross Brace
JPM Shifter, Center Console
DDM Intercooler
AEM Water/Meth Injection

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »
10K is a steal for that car, absolutely highway robbery!  Just seeing it makes me want to slobber, stutter, and rant with glee like on Christmas morning after opening all the presents!  Carol would absolutely blow a head gasket if I was so mention it to her but the value is there and it is worth that much!  Whoever pulls the trigger on this one is going to be a happy dude or lady!  Our Kappa's are usually driven long miles with happy owners and not very often available for the price quoted.  Whoever follows through and takes the plunge for this one will be one happy dude or lady!  SWEET INDEED!!!  :brnout: :drag: :woohoo: :us2:

Ron, That 10K was refering to" Deep Blue's post about Mileage not The Price 
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2013, 10:46:30 AM »
Thats easily fixed.

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 11:15:48 AM »
Ron, That 10K was refering to" Deep Blue's post about Mileage not The Price 
:
Bobby, my bad, :cloud: so sorry, I should never post on this forum at 8:00 AM, way to early for my brain to be alive and coherent!  Please accept my apology!!!  Ron

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 11:48:57 AM »
Ron  as Buckwheat would say "Dats Otae"  no  Apology needed .

Enjoy your day,   Bobby
Mods

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2013, 10:54:37 PM »
Thank You Elf! I was just trying to bring a Permagrin to another Kappa Head!
Btw Thanks Sly Bob for shortening that link, I wasn't looking as I posted!

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2013, 10:57:59 PM »
That car is gone! Someone has a smile!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2013, 06:47:09 AM »
Btw Thanks Sly Bob for shortening that link, I wasn't looking as I posted!

Yeah not a problem but I don't know why the long URLs make a mess of the formatting of the page. Hopefully my son Chris has a chance to look at it and can fix it while we are at the mod meet.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline LilSal

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2013, 10:54:04 PM »
Hey everybody,

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the concern. I did manage to get one picture of the Solstice while we were at the bank before it was towed home.

Sorry for the quality, I was still shaking pretty bad at this point.

-Bryan

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »
-Bryan ; You were lucky, if that trunk would have broke loose it could have broken your neck . Whats your Dad going to do with it Now?
Mods

Offline LilSal

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2013, 08:23:18 AM »
-Whats your Dad going to do with it Now?

At this point I'm not sure. I would love to fix it but I don't think that's really in the cards. I did like the one you guys pointed out in Savanna, but it feels like we're leaving behind a good friend. There was a story behind every one of those 85 thousand miles. From both me and my sister learning how to drive stick, to all of the mod meets, to just cruising the main drag on a Saturday night.