Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Continental Extreme Contact DWS  (Read 2030 times)

Offline 1KULSOL

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Continental Extreme Contact DWS
« on: July 25, 2013, 11:55:32 AM »
I put these on while I was at the 2013 Nationals in Flagstaff ... I was planning on replacing the Bridgestone RE760 Sports when I made it back to Baton Rouge ... but after we ran some serious twisties on the way to Flagstaff I found I had a nail in the left front tire and a seriously bad right front (belt was showing on the inside of tire) ... this was in Show Low, AZ ... I made a very scary (for me) drive to Flagstaff and went directly to Discount Tire and had the new tires installed .... huge difference in handling .. noise and ride comfort ... I have put +/- 1,900 miles on the tires so far and love them ... been through a few gulley washers here in Baton Rouge and it handled the wet very well .. installed stock size .. 245/45/18 ... had the 255's on but wanted to see how the stock would handle with the v8 ... not too shabby :) ... of course if I hit it hard all you see is smoke  :cool:  :D I will be installing new shocks all around and brake pads this coming Monday

2 Solstice Sky Opel GT GXP Redline Coil Over Rear Shock Strut Spring Assembly Bilstein FE3   
2 Solstice Sky Opel GT GXP Redline Coil Over Front Shock Strut Spring Assembly Bilstein FE3   

Hawk Performance HB478Z.605 Performance Ceramic Brake Pad for the rear
Hawk Performance DDMworks 4 piston Caliper Brake pads for the front

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: Continental Extreme Contact DWS
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 09:52:29 PM »
I have the DW version and am very impressed.  You have to be gentle with your right foot though with 245s.  That V8 should slaughter the rears whenever you want

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 06:53:06 AM »
I have the DW version and am very impressed.  You have to be gentle with your right foot though with 245s.  That V8 should slaughter the rears whenever you want
I have the DW also. Decent ride and they are sticky enough for me! I like them!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:02:51 AM »
The DWS is all I use.

Offline critter

• Master Tech
  • Married, 4 grandkids
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 04:13:54 PM »
The DWS is all I use.
I also have the DWS on all wheels. Marvelous tires...Critter
I always wanted to be somebody when I grew up - I realize now that I should have been more specific!!

Offline Excelsior

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 01:20:52 AM »
I love mine on my Subaru Legacy (yes, too much tire for the car)
---==--- ---==--- Bruiser ---==--- ---==---
|http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3335365|
---==--- ---==--- --==-- ---==--- ---==---
Attendee: 2010 NASSM | 2011 SMMM8