Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Help on installing turn signal mirrors and ghost lights  (Read 1889 times)

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
Help on installing turn signal mirrors and ghost lights
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:34:52 AM »
I have two items to install:

1. Turn signal mirrors
2. Ghost lights

First, at Nationals I purchased the turn signal mirrors at the silent auction. In talking to the guy who made them, he said there a different ways to connect. Wire to the front signals, rear signals or near the BCM. When I tried to do the the turn signal to side marker mod, it failed because I have a LED switchback light on the front light where the fog light housing is. At that time the side markers were not LED's so I believe that is why the mod didn't work. My question for this mod, since they are both LED's, can I connect there or connect next to the BCM or trail it back to the rear wiring be better? Then, which wires to tap into?

Second, again at Nationals they were installing Ghost lights but didn't pay attention to them at first until I was able to see them at the night light car show. I you have not seen them, they are LED lights that project an image under your door when the door opens. I went on ebay and purchased a pair of a Pontiac version with the arrow logo for $25.00. I founds them cheaper now but that's what I paid. My question again is wiring. They should turn on only when the door is open. What wire should I tap into or is there a fuse I can add on to. I have footwell leds I could tap into but just wanted your expertise.

Here is how the image looks on the ground.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:40:57 AM by cdflint »
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Help on installing turn signal mirrors and ghost lights
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 09:53:39 AM »
Not sure about the first one... never done it, never looked.

As for the puddle lights, I have done that (both lighted sills and puddle lights only light when that door is open).  There is a post on how/where to wire this here: http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,4345.msg56001.html#msg56001

Personally, I didn't do exactly that, since I found it too difficult to find the wires external to the connector (there's a lot of wires that are the same or similar colors, plus colors can change).  I wired the +12V to a different 'always-on' source and then I opened up the connector and soldered wires direct to the pins for the door grounds.  See pins 19 & 22 below:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline cdflint

• Master Tech
Re: Help on installing turn signal mirrors and ghost lights
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 10:23:36 AM »
Thanks TS, I'll give it a go on the puddle/ghost lights.
She's an 09 Brazen GXP.

Covered by Norms Fiberglass, DDM, WERKS, KappaSphere, Trifecta performance, Dejon performance, Solo performance, Magnaflow, Hahn, VDI, B&G, ASAP, WindRestrictor, Gravana, JPM, Santana, Madmod, HID pro, Second Skin Audio, mydipkit, Automotivetouchup.com and Smoothline.

To be or not to be hard, that is the question. I prefer my top off and still hard when I need it.