Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Installing LED Light in my NORM'S FIBERGLASS Fenders  (Read 2310 times)

Offline 9Y000008_COUPE

• Apprentice/Gofer
Installing LED Light in my NORM'S FIBERGLASS Fenders
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:46:39 PM »
Not sure where to post this   Cant start a new threads here  sorry for the post whoring

I have the NORM'S FIBERGLASS ZR-1 Fenders now I want to mount some
RED lights that would glow at night...I bought some from the truck stop nearby where i work at night

I have them mounted with some 3M Trim tape...what is the proper way to wire them up, I'd like these lights to be switched on when the side marker lights are on, but shut off with the key, I have tried the fuse jumper, it just wont shut them off Do I have to Tap into the Marker light and run the jumper

Can someone here help out..... tell me how to wire them up, so nothing shorts out -- I have a total of 4 ( 2 on each side )

I have the little fuse jumper that will allow it to go into the fuse slot, run the accessory you are jumping and the small lights I am adding on.....Would it be better to wire them up to a small relay( i don't want to drill out a hole for a switch, just have them turn on with the parking lights.

Send a PM to me, Leave a detailed response to the post

Thanks !

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Installing LED Light in my NORM'S FIBERGLASS Fenders
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »
Moved your post to a new thread. No reason you shouldn't be able to start a new thread. Click "Forum", pick a forum that you want to post in and choose "New Topic" from left most button at the top right of the page.

Why not just hook into the side markers? As they use such little power you shouldn't need any more fuse protection than is already available on that circuit.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:46:47 PM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 07:01:53 AM »
I agree with Bob. Just tap into the side marker light. It's the easiest way and no additional circuit protection is required. Wire them up as illustrated in post 1. This of course will also make them into additional turn signal lights, but that's the way I wanted them to be.

http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,9704.0.html
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 07:51:02 AM »
It will only turn them into turn signal lights if you have done the turn signal mod on the side markers.

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline 9Y000008_COUPE

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 01:51:40 PM »
 :thumbs:  Got it hooked up to the small marker lights  :thumbs: I'll have to get some black wire loom to cover all of this up  :thumbs: 

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »
Glad it worked out.
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »
Great! Pics?

Offline 9Y000008_COUPE

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 07:28:52 PM »
Yeah,  they look pretty good.... :yay:..I'll get 'em up soon,,,,Once I get the wires all tucked up and hidden......

I'll have (2) on each side....i have the black loom to conceal the wires... :thumbs:  these face towards the back of the car,  you couldn't see 'em if you were coming towards me,  like the small red light on a Peterbuilt 376 with the big chrome bumper.

These are the same style marker light, but they are hidden away inside behind the fender   pics will be up by sunday

The lights are available at most truck stops the little round 3'' red light with the wire loom that goes with it

As long the cops don't have a hissy fit....
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:14:40 PM by 9Y000008_COUPE »

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 07:48:46 PM »
I think they say any color But Red and Blue in some areas  .For shows OK not for running lights
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass