Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: NASSM 2014 OFFICIAL Thread  (Read 43374 times)

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
NASSM 2014 OFFICIAL Thread
« on: September 06, 2013, 01:00:46 AM »

Get ready for some PURE ROADSTER Kappa fantastic fun because you are enthusiastically invited to STAY And PLAY in the lovely, lush, green and forested Pennsylvania Poconos Mountains!

Who:    All Solstice, Sky and Opel lovers

What:   The 9th Annual 2014 North American Solstice Sky Meet

When:  June 19 - 22, 2014

Where: The Bushkill Inn and Convention Center, Bushkill, PA 

Why:    Do we really need to ask this?

THE SPECIFICS:

The Bushkill Inn Rooms & Suites  room rate is $120.00 per night with a 9% PA sales tax. The Resort Fee has been waived and the rate includes a continental breakfast. There is an excellent restaurant and a lounge within the hotel for your lunch or dining pleasure, and we will also be providing a pre-paid buffet in the main dining room while we are there.  (More on the eats to follow.)

When you register for your room, please let staff know that you are with NASSM 2014 or the North American Solstice Sky Meet. In the event you need to cancel, they won’t charge a fee as long as you cancel 72 hours (3 days) before the date of your arrival. All the rooms are run of house which means that a king suite is the same rate as a standard room. If you are coming with your family or plan to split cost with friends, you should probably book a Premier Jacuzzi cabin or a Jr. Queen suite since they have the pull out sofa. If you are flying solo, please consider one of the 68 standard rooms. All rooms, cabins and cottages are newly renovated and beautifully decorated.  When you receive your confirmation letter, you might note a Resort Fee under "Additional Policies." DO NOT BE CONCERNED. There's a notation in the system that PER CONTRACT our group will not be charged, and you can believe I will be checking up on it come next June.

The cutoff date for registration is 30 days before the event (May 19th)  so any rooms not booked by that time will be returned to general inventory. We don’t want that. We want every room booked so WE can own the hotel for the duration. We don’t want to share our space with non-Kappa strangers because quite frankly, non-Kappa strangers aren’t going to understand the PHENOMENON of us!

We know that some of you are planning a bucket list vacation and may be arriving early. Our group rate is good from Monday, June 16 through Wednesday, June 25th so if you plan to stay and play a little bit longer, the same rate stays too.

The hotel has plenty of parking with an additional 125 space lot by the lake. Our participating vendors will be set up at this location, and we will be staging our runs from this lower parking lot. 

We are working on the website and hope to have it up sometime in October as we will need to keep track of our registered attendees and your corresponding info. We are still determining the event registration fee but it will be on par with the last few NASSMs. In the meantime, if you can remember, please add your name to the NASSM 2014 Hotel Registration thread after you call the hotel to book your reservation.  Phone 800.200.2978

OUR KAPPA FANTASTIC ITINERARY:

Our event registration will take place in the lobby area on the 2nd floor. There are lots of comfy seats in which to park, so when you arrive you can set yourself down, have a beverage, unwind and chat for a spell!

We will be running routes Thursday, Friday, Saturday and possibly Sunday since we have some FABULOUS routes mapped out. We call them The SolPalooza Skywinder, The Towpath Twister and the River Road Rally, just to name three.  More info on routes to follow.

Thursday Night @ 6pm:  Meet & Greet Reception w/cash bar.  Little finger foods will be passed around, so save your appetite.

Friday:  TBD as we are working on booking the Poconos Raceway 

Saturday, June 21st: car show and awards presentation banquet.

Sunday morning: Group picture at Gray Towers, a National Historic Site. 

There is lots of fun to be had in the Poconos: we’re planning a Solstice vs Sky Paintball skirmish, a trip to Jim Thorpe, Knoebel's Amusement Park, White River Rafting, a tour of the Gray Towers in Milford, and some time on the track at the Poconos Raceway.  More info to follow!

Our fundraising proceeds will be going to help those with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or ALS. For more information on ALS please visit this website. About ALS -What is ALS - The ALS Association Greater Philadelphia Chapter

Thank you!

The 2014 NASSM Team

Michele - solli4me       -   Logo design, Route Mapper, Design, Nitpicking Negotiator

Diane -   dengel         -     Logician,  Applied Engineering and Route Mapper

Steven - ripple          -      Logician and Accountant

Joe  -    DeepBlueGXP  -   Vendor Coordinator

Rusty -  Rusty          -      Poconos Raceway Coordinator

Karen -  SHiNY         -      ALS Fundraising Coordinator

Fred  -   TheFred      -        Activity Coordinator

Kim  -    kygxp        -        Kappa Event Consultant

Mark -   Dashark      -       Web Master
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 03:51:04 PM by solli »

Offline The Carrier

• Master Tech
Re: NASSM 2014 OFFICIAL Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 08:40:30 AM »
 :yay:

This is going to be good!  And paintball too!   :yay:

Pocono raceway!   :drool:
Gawd, I LOVE this car!
2009 Sky Redline
Manual Trans
Leather
Spoiler
6 Disc Monsoon
Stock Setup

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
Me and my wife are thinking to attend if there is no issue for this.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline dengel

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:35:23 AM »

Kelu, you and Madelina are most definitely welcome!  It would be awesome if you could attend.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:51:43 AM »
I am hoping to be in Florida by June but if not I will be there.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
I'm not going. ;)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 10:43:09 AM »
John if you are in Florida Grab Chuck-Doc and get your A#ses north to attend . Just tell the Girlsyou have a Convention to go to . Its not like your going cross country & its a year away start planning now.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 10:46:53 AM »
Car  will be there with me in tow. going to register ASAP. Might even try talking Pam into coming and drive the Jeep. ( It could happen )
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 10:59:01 AM »

YOU HAVE TO COME! Just consider it a bigger and crazier mod meet!

Are you kidding me? No excuses!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 11:09:04 AM »
 solli
       Can we register our room at the Hotel now ? and event
Mods

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 11:33:44 AM »
dengel & solli: thank you for inviting us we will do our best to be there, everything is related to another event if is going to happen in previous or next weekend of NASSM, then we would know for sure.

1 LIL NDN: hopefully i see you again there, this time bring your pills with you  :D

ihawk95: you are upside down again? :)
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 12:22:10 PM »
solli
       Can we register our room at the Hotel now ? and event

Hotel registration is open now.  (800) 200-2978   

Event registration will be open when the website is up. I forgot to add the registration fee in the info section, I believe it's $85.00

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 01:44:51 AM »
Depending on how timing lines up w/ my replacement out here, we're going to try and make it.  The 19th is the last day of school for the kids, but they can miss the last week (at least).  Won't register for a room yet until I know my next duty station assignment...

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 08:37:29 AM »
That would be awesome if it worked out. It's been a long time since we've seen you.  If you were able to come, would you be bringing your kids? If so, I will hold a suite for you. The King/Queen suites w/pull out sofa have been going very quickly.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 09:26:13 AM »

Madalina can stay with me and you can be camping with SA, Elff or La Tomate
Make the right choices now

Offline Wartie

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 09:44:49 AM »

Madalina can stay with me and you can be camping with SA, Elff or La Tomate

GJ, are you going to be the Rookie-Rookie again?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »
Somebody should open a " Kappa Rental Center " for members that fly in so everybody can drive one to the nationals . People bring Mustangs .
Mods

Offline solli

• Master Tech
    • 2008 Solstice Gals
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 09:15:26 PM »
I tried to rent a Solstice when I thought about going to the 2008 Las Vegas National but the nearest one was in AZ and California. They didn't let you drive out of state back then so I didn't go.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 09:27:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure I would be able to drive a kappa at nationals if I asked really nice. 
Make the right choices now

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 07:47:11 AM »
Somebody should open a " Kappa Rental Center " for members that fly in so everybody can drive one to the nationals . People bring Mustangs .

Because I couldn't rent a Solstice! At least it was a convertible!!!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 05:38:44 PM »
Sorry Di ; didn't point any fingers . There were 2 other women that parked W/different color that brought something to Sky owner that night.   LOL
Mods

Offline Excelsior

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 05:37:31 AM »
I will NOT be attending if I end up moving to Austin, TX.  I should know pretty fast.
---==--- ---==--- Bruiser ---==--- ---==---
|http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3335365|
---==--- ---==--- --==-- ---==--- ---==---
Attendee: 2010 NASSM | 2011 SMMM8

Offline stuck

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 10:19:32 AM »
I will NOT be attending if I end up moving to Austin, TX.  I should know pretty fast.
If you do wind up down there, let me know. We got stuff going on in the Hill Country several times a year.

Solli, our Bucket List trip is up to 8 cars that will be rolling in and a couple of more SWSC folks that are just coming up for the NASSM. :thumbs:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »
who is going to be driving me anywhere and be my Co-driver ??? You could come its only a trip up the road.
Mods

nomead

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2013, 01:52:48 PM »
registration is done - we will definitely be there!