Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New WERKSracing Tubular Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars group buy pre order!  (Read 58355 times)

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Got mine and have them installed. Great addition to the car and although I don't generally push the car hard I find it's tightened up the handling considerably and sure flattened out the cornering.

Gotta get under there and move the rear bar to the center hole.

SB, why are you moving it too the center?  I thought the first hole approximated the ZOK bar which was more than adequate for a street car>

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Though I'd try it. I should find an empty lot somwhere first though at throw it around a bit.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline cdnite

• Master Tech
Has everyone gotten their front and rear bars?

Cause I'm wondering where mine are still?

--Christian

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Christian : If you ordered under the group buy you  should have received the back bar last March as he got those done first .If you have the back bar and kept the box it was shipped in there is an order number on it for reference mine was 1055 .I got an email in May that the front was supposed to ship but I never got it I sent Dave a couple of emails and it sounded like he could not find my order .I finally called the shop last week 815 439 4547 took a few calls but talked to Matt (great guy) gave him my info order # ,UPS tracking number and had my front sway bar within a week .According to Matt they still had bars at the powder coater and they were to be shipping them out as soon as Dave got back from the Nationals I would give him a call.

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
FYI: Werks just posted on the BB that they have a few sets of swaybars in stock.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Just wondering if anyone has received  the freebies (wonder what they are?) that Dave said he was going to give the people who waited so patiently (9 months for me ) on the initial order

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Just wondering if anyone has received  the freebies (wonder what they are?) that Dave said he was going to give the people who waited so patiently (9 months for me ) on the initial order

Nada.  I'd be fine for a any Werks product 20% + free shipping discount.  :cool:

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Christian any luck with your sway bars ?

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Vendor?  Bueno? 
Make the right choices now

Offline cdnite

• Master Tech
Still no rear bars... I plan on calling and raising hell tomorrow.

--Christian

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
The crazy part about that is those were the first ones done and shipped  Good Luck!

Offline numba41

• Premium Member
  • Tech
Can anyone provide advice on installing the lock collars? Do they go inside or outside the bushings? Do you have to make the best guess with regards to centering the bar or can you drive it around and let it self center before installing? Thanks in advance.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
I have not installed mine yet hopefully next week I will be working on my  suspension upgrades and I'll try to figure out what needs to be removed and how these things go on .Yea it would have been nice if they sent some instructions and give you a heads up on installation  the only thing that I can suggest is emailing Dave
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:24:02 AM by Sting Ya »

Offline numba41

• Premium Member
  • Tech
I have not installed mine yet hopefully next week I will be working on my  suspension upgrades and I'll try to figure out what needs to be removed and how these things go on .Yea it would have been nice if they sent some instructions and give you a heads up on installation  the only thing that I can suggest is emailing Dave

If you are doing your suspension, I suggest installing the rear sway bars while you have the rear struts/springs off because the extra length on the new sway bars will make it difficult to slide in.  Since my car is lowered with H&R springs and Koni yellows, I had to unbolt the rear trailing arm from the frame to fit the rear sway bars in.

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Thanks ! I've got Eibach Sport springs and I just ordered a set of Konis should be here anyday I'm waiting for my rear probeam to come back from the powder coater so I plan on doing it all at once.  Just wondering how long it took to get your bars for me it was almost 9 months they sell great stuff but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired

Offline numba41

• Premium Member
  • Tech
Thanks ! I've got Eibach Sport springs and I just ordered a set of Konis should be here anyday I'm waiting for my rear probeam to come back from the powder coater so I plan on doing it all at once.  Just wondering how long it took to get your bars for me it was almost 9 months they sell great stuff but their customer service leaves a lot to be desired

I think I got them when the majority of the group buyers got theirs. I just haven't had a chance to install them until recently.