Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: low coolant levels  (Read 5455 times)

Offline Goat67

• Tech
Re: low coolant levels
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2014, 12:46:51 AM »
I went through a similar situation last summer with my GXP. It was indeed a cracked block, luckily for me the day that the milkshake was discovered, was the last day of the 5 year power train warranty.  GM completely replaced the motor. They did investigate a blown head gasket and cracked head first, but when those were ok they put a whole new engine in for me. Good Luck maybe it's just the head gasket.

Offline Rogue

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Master Tech
Re: low coolant levels
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »
Thanks for the input. We've pretty much resigned ourselves to the cracked block as a worst case scenario. Fortunately it's still winter so Pat is in no hurry to drive it right now. But, Spring is right around the corner.....
Go N.A.K.3.D..