Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: FS: 2008 Saturn Sky Redline - 27.5K miles - 5spd - Blk&Red  (Read 7882 times)

Offline GypsySky

• Tech
FS: 2008 Saturn Sky Redline - 27.5K miles - 5spd - Blk&Red
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:32:53 PM »
For sale is my beloved 2008 Saturn Sky Redline.
I am the sole owner and ordered it new in Jan of 2008. I took delivery in April of 2008.
It has remained a winter free car (never seen snow) and has only been rained on once in the last 3 years (got caught in some rain on the way to the 2012 NASSM nationals in Asheville).

I am selling the car because I purchased a 1968 Corvette that I am restoring. I have a 2 car garage and need the space to disassemble the Vette.

I personally installed some modifications on this car. NOTE that ANY modifications made to this vehicle were done so that the originality of this car could remain intact. More details below.

It has all options (except for Auto Trans). Also includes dealer installed PAL (iPod/iPhone) unit PN#19166153 & Stone Protection film PN#19170305

Modifications include:

DPE Wheels (these are the crown jewels of the car IMO). These are 2 pc wheels that were custom created for the Kappa Platform. Those who have been around these forums for a while can remember that the company RPI had a car named "Brutus" that was a monster of a car. Eloy had these wheels created for Brutus and man, did he do it right! These just give the kappa a mean look and stance. I believe that I am the 3rd owner of these wheels and bought them from another fellow kappa member here in 2011. I performed a bunch of reconditioning work on them and they were brought back to better then new condition. They are 18x8 (255/49/18) and 18x10 (275/35/18). I have Falcon RT-615r Tires on them with the rears having only 2 seasons (6k miles) on them. Front tires are original and are ready to be replaced. - I also have the original wheels (polished) & Tires in Storage. Absolutely no chips or scratches.

ENGINE/EXHAUST:
GMPP Tune PN# 19212711 - 290HP
RPI Exhaust - I have the original stock exhaust in storage
Hahn Intercooler - I have the original intercooler in storage
DDM Charge tubes - I have the stock tubes in storage
Fujita Cold Air intake - I have the original air box in storage
DDM Oil Catch Can (black)
Dejon Powerhouse  Stainless Engine Cover - Have original cover in storage
Polished Turbo Heat Shield - have an original (non polished) cover in storage

SUSPENSION/BRAKES:
Eibach Sportline Lowering springs (1" in front and 1.3"). I purchased new shock/strut assemblies then added the lowering springs. I then pulled the original Struts and shock/springs out of the car. I have the original units in storage. Car was professionally Aligned after being lowered.
Sloted and Drilled rotors - I have the original rotors in storage
Black painted calipers w/ 'Redline' vinyl stickers on them. Have extra stickers as well.

EXTERIOR:
HID & LED Conversion Headlight & Fog Lamp (35w/6k), Tail Lamp & Parking Lights conversion 35w - NO WIRES were cut. I used Vampire clips to pull power. I have all the original bulbs in storage.
Norms Rear Diffuser (Painted black to match). I have the original diffuser in storage.
Stone Protection film PN#19170305
Vinyl wrapped windshield frame and Tulip Panel (Gloss Black to match body).
Shorty Antenna (2 of them). I have the original antenna in storage

Interior:
JPM Coachworks Custom Center Console - Have the original console in storage
JPM Coachworks Shifter Boot & Shifter Knob (Red Boot/White Knob with Red Lettering). Have original shift boot & knob in storage.
JPM Coachworks Leather Sunvisor covers
King Penn Industries Lighted door sills 'SKY'
Black Cat Custom Automotive Gauge Face & White LED lighting. I have the original gauge cluster in storage (not just the gauge face).
LED bulb conversion (including truck lighting). Have original bulbs in storage
DDM works A pillar Gauge Pod. Have original A pillar trim in storage
2 AeroForce Gauges. These gauges simply plug into the OBDII (plug & play)
2009 Kappa Bluetooth/OnStar Module (works with steering wheel controls). Have original OnStar (no Bluetooth, not available in '08) module in storage
Custom Center Console (cup holder delete) painted to match body color. I have original center console and cup holder in storage
Brand New extra OEM factory floor mats in the bag. Original mats are being used in the car.
Vinyl Wrapped Steering Controls (Gloss Black).

EXTRAS:
A set of GM Build Documents in a binder.
Enough paperwork to choke a small billy goat.
Info Pertaining to the build quality during manufacturing in Wilmington DE.
Inexpensive car dust cover. The car remains covered after every use.
Other stuff that I cant remember right now.

PHOTOS:
I heavily recommend you go to my photobucket page as I wont be posting all the photos of the car here.
You can click on a photo of the car below and it will take you to my page. There, you will find the mods going on (in no particular order). If I don't have a photo of something you would like to see, PM me and I can get it to you.

Woodward Dream Cruise (Detroit MI) 2013

PRICE:
I will sell this car 2 ways:
1.) Bone Stock (no mods)= $17,500. This is KBB's Private party sale price for this car in excellent condition.
2.) As Is (with all mods) = $20,000. This includes ALL the original parts in storage. Everything SKY that I have.

PLEASE DONT ASK ME TO SELL YOU A MOD. I AM NOT GOING TO PART OUT THESE MODS. You will only be wasting your time at this point.
PLEASE DONT TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK MY CAR IS WORTH. If you are not interested in buying and have nothing positive to add to this post, then move along. I am trying to sell this car for a decent price, you and I both know I wont get all my $ back.
PLEASE DONT LOWBALL ME. Be serious. As you can see, I have spent a lot of time with this post. I am a serious seller with a clear title in hand. If you want to talk more, I would be more then happy to speak in person. PM me with your phone number and I will call you directly.
I know this is NOT the best time to sell a vert. I don't HAVE to sell the car, if there is no interest, I will try again in the spring. I would LIKE to sell it, I don't HAVE to.

Thanks for your time. Please spread this to anyone you know who wants a beautiful Kappa to enjoy!
Steve

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: FS: 2008 Saturn Sky Redline - 27.5K miles - 5spd - Blk&Red
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »
Nice car and good luck with the sale.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:01:33 PM »
Damn. That is a beautiful car. That might be the best looking Sky I have ever seen.  I have not been temped to. Uy another Kappa since selling mine, but this one is simply beautiful.  Let me know what your plan is come springtime.
Make the right choices now

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 03:39:29 AM »
I think you will regret selling this.  I agree with GJ.  Its a pretty amazing car.
Good Luck with the sale.  I think if you are patient you will get what you are asking and someone will get an excellent vehicle.
Good luck with your restore.  Please post pics and your progress on that.  I think a lot of us would love to see that.

Offline GypsySky

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:07:03 AM »
Nice car and good luck with the sale.
Damn. That is a beautiful car. That might be the best looking Sky I have ever seen.  I have not been temped to. Uy another Kappa since selling mine, but this one is simply beautiful.  Let me know what your plan is come springtime.
I think you will regret selling this.  I agree with GJ.  Its a pretty amazing car.
Good Luck with the sale.  I think if you are patient you will get what you are asking and someone will get an excellent vehicle.
Good luck with your restore.  Please post pics and your progress on that.  I think a lot of us would love to see that.

Thank you very much. I appreciate your compliments on the car!
Your right that I am likely to regret the sale later, but better to have the car in someone's hands to enjoy then sitting in my garage.
elff, as you requested, here is a few shots of the vette when I brought her home and another at where I am at this morning!

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 10:28:51 AM »
Very Cool!!!

You should PM Critter.
I believe he found a sky, but he might not have sealed the deal yet.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 11:38:29 AM »
Very Cool!!!

You should PM Critter.
I believe he found a sky, but he might not have sealed the deal yet.
Critter was looking Silver or Yellow only.

Besides, this car is too fast for Critter.

Oh, you meant Critter. I thought you meant Critter, man.
Make the right choices now

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 11:56:16 AM »
Yeah...Critter found one.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 12:07:42 PM »
I think you might want to put an alarm on the Vett, looks like someone stole your radio.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 08:09:57 AM »
I like the Sky but I already have TMC. (Too Many Cars)  There is a Vette restoration guy I know, http://www.mwauto.com/gallery.php
Scanner

Offline GypsySky

• Tech
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »
Sky has been sold!!!
Thanks everyone for your interest.
Merry Christmas!

Offline GypsySky

• Tech
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 08:25:41 PM »
Hey all!
Was cleaning out the computer when I found the info when I put the Sky up for sale. For kicks, I jumped back onto the forum and found this old post. As you saw above, I ended up selling the Sky and building a Vette. Finished it in 2017 back in May. Turned out fantastic! What I found interesting was how similar they ended up turning out (color and style). Just wanted to thank this forum for the open sharing of information between its members. Although I am pretty good at figuring stuff out, I COULD NOT have made the Sky as beautiful as it was, nor have the courage to jump into such a project as the Vette without the help of forum members like you. I learned a ton and continue to be amazed at how people have overcome obstacles and figured out how to improve their cars all while sharing the info to the 9th degree! I have tried to 'play it forward' with my Vette project. If you ever get bored. Check out the 26 (or so) pages of build content captured in the hopes that it encourages someone else to take the plunge...
Thanks again.
GypsySky aka AcidGypsy aka Big Hips aka Steve

If you ever get bored, here's the shortcut to my build. Grab a beer and enjoy the 30'some pages of content...!
https://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221218

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »
Beautiful vette, in my top three favs. 56/57, 63-67, 68-72.