Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: p258b low power under boost/no boost.  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Apprentice/Gofer
p258b low power under boost/no boost.
« on: September 19, 2017, 11:27:58 AM »
So I had a p258b. It went away, but. I am having low power while still in boost, like. before I could go up hills in 4th gear at 0psi, now i need 4-5 psi to go up the same hill in the same gear. I checked the brake booster one way valve, its not bad. I checked the evap purge solenoid, it is not bad, I have checked for vac leaks while the car is running, and found none. My car also chirps at 7psi+ from (what i think) is the High pressure Fuel Pump (but only when the car first sees boost, but is up to temp. so the first like 5 min of positive boost it will chirp). I am at a loss. I am very frustrated. Someone please please please help me. Car is stock except a K&N drop in filter and airbox mods. Those mods had already been done well before the issue.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Apprentice/Gofer
Re: p258b low power under boost/no boost.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 12:40:48 PM »
car is an 07 GXP btw. I guess I forgot to mention. has 124k miles, and was still on the OEM 41-102 plugs when i got it a few weeks ago

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 06:49:59 PM »
Chirps?
What part of the car is chirping?
Make the right choices now

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 11:08:17 AM »
This code is for an electric vacuum pump used with the power brakes not having proper vacuum, not sure how it would have corrected itself and went away.

At any rate it should not be causing any low power or low boost issue.

I think you need to see if there are any new codes.
2007 Aggressive GXP