Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New member here! 2007 solstice gxp  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Vasquezz1228

• Apprentice/Gofer
New member here! 2007 solstice gxp
« on: February 10, 2019, 02:22:13 PM »
Hello fellow kappa owners, my name is Andy and I own a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP. Have had the car about 3 weeks already and I love the car. Only issue I have right now is the fuel gauge is not working but hope to fix it soon. The car is stock except for an airbox mod I did and a tune I did on the car pushing 22 psi.

Any advice on how to care for the top would be great as this is my first canvas top car. I also own a 1990 Mazda miata. One could say I'm a fan of roadsters  :D

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: New member here! 2007 solstice gxp
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum, just use any approve canvas top cleaner and conditioner.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 04:34:32 PM »
Hello fellow kappa owners, my name is Andy and I own a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP. Have had the car about 3 weeks already and I love the car. Only issue I have right now is the fuel gauge is not working but hope to fix it soon. The car is stock except for an airbox mod I did and a tune I did on the car pushing 22 psi.

Any advice on how to care for the top would be great as this is my first canvas top car. I also own a 1990 Mazda miata. One could say I'm a fan of roadsters  :D

Had a bad experience with RaggTopp application fail, used the whole bottle and water never beaded. Others like it so maybe bad batch idk. I got the kit so it came with a horse hair brush so I still use that. 

I am using 303 these days, applied in the spring.  Also be gentle pushing on the back window cleaning from the outside, they are glued on and heard of them falling out.

Finally, don't be a dummy like me and leave the top unlatched then try to drive onto the freeway...cringe!!
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 10:46:13 PM »
I have use only a Lint Roller before I wash it and after it has dried . YOU can get them at Pep Boys . Work Great ., unless it is faded.

DOES THE TITLE say 2007? They said only GXP's out in 2008..  Unless early Issue ?  just asking
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:51:52 PM by 1LILNDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 12:37:37 AM »
Bobbie the first year for the GXP was the 07 model year with the first ones being delivered in the fall of 06 around late August early September.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 07:26:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum Vasquezz1228.
Yeah Bobby, it was 2007. DeepblueGXP's car is a 2007.   :drive:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 09:52:32 AM »
 Hi Andy : Welcome to the Group

When I went and looked at them in Dec of 2008 the Dealer said they just got a few in July and this was the 1st year for the Turbo GXP . So I though they were  just from 2008 . I didn't know they had 2007's .
 My Boo-Boo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 09:58:32 AM by 1LILNDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 10:14:05 AM »
Well I just looked at some records I have & I was all WRONG . Big mix-up MY  2003 PT Cruiser GT Turbo was the one that started in Mid YEAR . March of 2003

I stand Corrected     

« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:11:53 AM by 1LILNDN »
Mods