Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Radio clock resetting  (Read 912 times)

Offline msaudino

• Apprentice/Gofer
Radio clock resetting
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:47:30 PM »
I have done a pretty good search, but I cannot find a post on this topic.  I have an 08 RL with 38k miles, purchaged last December.

Recenty the clock on the OEM radio keeps losing the correct time.  No other wierd electrical symptoms.

Based on the code the current Delco battery was manufactured November 2015.  Never had any cranking issues and the battery terminals are tight.

Radio issue?  Some other loose connection/ground to check?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:23:18 AM by msaudino »
2008 Redline, M/T, Midnight Blue, Tan Top
DDM brace bundle
Trifecta tune

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Radio clock resetting
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 02:13:03 PM »
Sounds like it could be losing power, but are you losing the stored radio stations too?
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline msaudino

• Apprentice/Gofer
Re: Radio clock resetting
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 08:22:18 AM »
Sounds like it could be losing power, but are you losing the stored radio stations too?

:thumbs:

Great call! Presets are intact. So it must be a buggy radio. Not ready for an upgrade yet...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 08:26:47 AM by msaudino »
2008 Redline, M/T, Midnight Blue, Tan Top
DDM brace bundle
Trifecta tune