Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Diagnostic help needed - P0446  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Diagnostic help needed - P0446
« on: September 26, 2019, 08:17:02 AM »
I'm trying to help a friend with a 2004 Saturn Vue 3.5 engine. Code P0446 won't go away. I found a stuck purge valve and replaced it, still kept setting the code. The gas cap was in sad shape and wouldn't seal properly, replaced it. Still setting the code. I'm now planning on checking the charcoal canister andd valve, but it seems I've always found that to set a different code (P0449). Does anyone know where I should be looking next?
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Re: Diagnostic help needed - P0446
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 12:02:32 PM »
Trace the hoses and inspect the hose ends/nipples. 

Looks like there are a few posts about this code on saturnfans.com after googling "p0446 saturn vue"
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 08:13:23 AM »
A good suggestion. Thanks.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 09:15:26 AM »
Would any of this help at all?

https://repairpal.com/obd-ii-code-p0446
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 04:42:30 PM »
Good info there. Thanks. It describes the process better than most of the other articles I've read. A pity I don't have a Tech II or equivalent.
Go N.A.K.3.D..