Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New member intro  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Aggie76

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
New member intro
« on: December 24, 2019, 06:53:40 PM »
Hi, thanks for letting me join the group. I own an 06 Solstice, and am beginning an LS2 swap using the DIY parts from Performance Autowerks. I expect to begin disassembly in a week or two, and hope to be back on the road by summer. My last project was a Cobra kitcar that I drove for 15 years (46,000 miles). This car feels a lot like that, but I appreciate the top, heater, AC, radio, etc.

Regards, Alan Peterson

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: New member intro
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 07:32:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum Aggie and best of luck with your project.   :thumbs:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 08:22:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Kerrville isn't that where they make Mooney airplanes, or at least the did until recently?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Aggie76

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »
Yes, This is the home of Mooney. They have had a few downsizings, but are still in operation.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 09:22:13 PM »
I have worked on several, flown a few.  They are more fun to fly.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 12:01:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Awesome you're taking on the V8 swap project!  Did you get a LS donor car?  Just curious haha I'm looking into doing the same but still playing with 4-cylinder turbos at the moment.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 04:53:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Aggie76

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 06:18:33 PM »
Thanks to all for the welcome. Answering Steelmesh: I did not buy a donor car, but rather, went to Contemporary Corvettes in PA (they had been recommended by another hobbyist). They have pulled and shipped me a 89k mile example from a 2007 C6 vette, so I get the correct oil sump with no further fiddling. I negotiated the CTS-V accesory drive package with my local Chevy dealer, and found the required harmonic damper and Camaro starter on Ebay. Performance Autowerks (Dave) has been keeping my UPS guy extra busy here for the last few weeks, and I have been real impressed with the level of support I have received from them/him. I send questions via email, and Dave typically answers within an hour (unless I send at night, and then he typically answers by 7:30AM next day).

My wife and I both like the car as-is, but I'm getting really excited about the swap project. I expect disassembly is just a few days away.

Regards, Alan

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 12:08:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Looking forward to hear about your swap project. 

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 01:18:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum, my eldest brother who passed a couple of years ago was an Aggie class of 57
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia