Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: NOT A GOOD MORNING. Something is wrong with the Demon  (Read 14824 times)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: NOT A GOOD MORNING. Something is wrong with the Demon
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 09:13:40 AM »
Another safety item to consider.  Both posts on the fuse box are positives.  Never hook booth jumper cables to them.  Do like Gunny and Sol and always hook your black jumper cable to the engine block.

btw, if you at anytime tried to jump your car or another car by hooking to both posts of the fuse panel, check and replace the radiator fan fuse as you will have blown that...

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »
Gunny

If you are not seeing any voltage drop when you attempt to start the car you definitely have some other issue which is preventing the starter from being engaged.  Are you sure that when you did your speaker and stereo upgrade that you didn't damage or disconnect any wires?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 02:17:34 PM »
Gunny  1 more thing  pull the Emergency brake allthe way up .get the shifter in nuteral then while turning the key MOVE the shifter from 1 to Park slowly ccoulle times KEEP the key in the Starting position. Your Battrey has enough power with 12.7 volts switch your lites to the OFF mode

Nothing.
07 Deep GXP auto.  A lot of cosmetic upgrades but not enough performace mods. YET.

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2009, 02:20:38 PM »
Gunny

If you are not seeing any voltage drop when you attempt to start the car you definitely have some other issue which is preventing the starter from being engaged.  Are you sure that when you did your speaker and stereo upgrade that you didn't damage or disconnect any wires?

Checked all that and no evidence of anything wrong there.  It's been working fine for a couple weeks already since I did all that anyway.
07 Deep GXP auto.  A lot of cosmetic upgrades but not enough performace mods. YET.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2009, 02:26:09 PM »
Did you check the wires that got rerouted when you did your door mod?  Something could have gotten pulled or broken as the doors move.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 02:34:16 PM »
No tention on them at any point and all related functions work fine. 

Whatever is wrong with the shifter indicator lights has got to be messing with the starter interupt safety switch/relay. 

With the key on, I noticed this morning that I can hear a click at the key when I lift the shift release, so that safety is working fine also.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 02:41:52 PM »
This sounds like a bad connection/broken circuit to me the trick is finding where.  Unfortunately I am not up on how the wires are routed or what the circuits are like.  I'd need a wiring schematic to be of much more help to you.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 07:20:14 PM »
Yeah, it's goint to take getting it on a machine to see what is going on.

Offline Unclefester

• Founding Member
  • Tech
    • Army together we served
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 11:05:24 PM »
I had the same thing happen.  On mine it was the wire at the starter, it was disconnected.  I  waited 3 hours for the tow truck and then again waiting for them to bring it to the dealer.   The dealer had it for less than 15 minutes and fixed it.
U.S. Army Retired
Member Disabled American Veterans

‘Veteran‘ — whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve — is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to, and including his life.”

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 11:37:58 AM »
I checked the starter wires the night I had it jacked up.  Just got back from SD CA. so I haven't gotten back to it yet.

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 07:00:49 PM »
I checked the starter wires the night I had it jacked up.  Just got back from SD CA. so I haven't gotten back to it yet.
Welcome back, I read quickly your thread, I didn't see this covered. Hook your meter to the starter. Put where you can see it or have someone else start you car. See if you have power to your starter. If no, sounds like a start relay. If yes, it your starter. There only 3 things that can keep the car from cranking one day, that work fine the other day. Fuses, relays & starter motor itself. Hope you get running.

Mike
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 09:48:18 PM »
Welcome back, I read quickly your thread, I didn't see this covered. Hook your meter to the starter. Put where you can see it or have someone else start you car. See if you have power to your starter. If no, sounds like a start relay. If yes, it your starter. There only 3 things that can keep the car from cranking one day, that work fine the other day. Fuses, relays & starter motor itself. Hope you get running.

Mike

Thanks Mike, Feels good to be home.  Though I can't deny you can't go the San Diego for a week and NOT have a good time  :thumbs:.

I may give that a shot but I'm going to call roadside tomorrow and see if I can just get her towed in to the dealership.  Ten minutes on the machine and they'll know what is probably is.  Might as well use it while I have it right.  THey should come to my home and get it.  If not I'll get her up the drive way and accross the road so they will.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2009, 08:14:51 AM »
You haven't pinched any wires with the new lambo doors?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 01:03:36 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline Dark Tech

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2009, 09:40:19 AM »
Is there a starter fuse that could be blown?  Its probably in the fuse panel under the hood.

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »
You haven't pinked any wires with the new lambo doors?

UM...  I'm a guy, Why on earth would I "pink" ANYTHING? :lol:   Nope, I checked that and the area's altered by the audio equipment installs.  Everything looks good.  Has to be an unseeable issue.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 01:04:18 PM »
whoops. damn keyboard error, not my fault :lol:

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 01:09:06 PM »
More like Freudian Slip!  :lol:

Offline solid

• Tech
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 02:10:25 PM »
Why not? Pink lambo door would look great!!! :lol:
Live everyday like shark week!

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 10:41:21 PM »
Ok, so after an hour or so at the dealership before they closed for the night, They are still unsure.  Wonderful....  They are apparently getting no readings what so ever from any of the modules (BCM/ECM/ or TCM).  We'll see what they figure tomorrow.  Doesn't make sense that it would work fine just two days earlier and simply sat during.  Had I been working on something during I could see something maybe going wrong but not just sitting.  Who knows.  I just hope whatever it is will be warantee work.

Oh, by the way.  Roadside assistance team was great.  40 minutes to my door from the time I called and covered under warantee.  Getting her on and off the truck backwards as it was nose in to the garage was a 2x4 chore but we got her there without hitting by a hair.  Literally.  

Gave the dealership a lambo doors 101 class on operation and cautions of no hood movement with doors up and a quick demo of what was going on and handed over the keys.  Hopefully they figure it out tomorrow.  

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2009, 08:19:09 PM »
Continuing update.

They replaced the Demons brain today and got the car started.  What was interesting was the only way it would start was if they bypassed the Onstar box.  I guess this is thier way of getting revenge for canceling thier service  :lol:.  Anyway, apparently because the on-star draws info from the ECM on a constant basis (service paid or not) it is doing something to damage the ECM.  They should have a replacement on-star box in tomorrow or Thursday.  Hopefully one that works properly.  It may actualy explain why I have never received a complete monthly diagnostic via e-mail from on-star and they agree.  Always said there was an issue in receiving the report but I figured it was always in the garage or something when they happened to run it.

We'll see, and so far they say that everything I've been doing to the car has not been an affecting factor in the problem so, so far so good for warantee coverage.  Fingers crossed I get her back and right by Thursday.

Offline Lucy'sDaddy

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
    • Lucy's cardomain page
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2009, 09:01:59 PM »
Hope they got things figured out. Glad to hear that nothing YOU did has affected the Blue Demon.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2009, 09:45:04 PM »
Good News!!!

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2009, 05:58:20 PM »
Yes very good news, did you get you car back yet & what was the final verdict.

Mike
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »
Well the Demon was released from the carspital this evening.  The BCM and VCIM Modules were grounding out the data circuit.  Replaced both, reprogrammed and all is well.  

Full warantee covereage  :woohoo: :dancing: :yay:

Thanks again everyone for your inputs and assistance.

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2009, 06:38:52 PM »
That super :yay: :woohoo: :brnout: :drive: