Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Help!!! Need new Battery!!!  (Read 4588 times)

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
Re: Help!!! Need new Battery!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2020, 03:29:07 PM »
Do you have a photo of the actuator?

Unfortunately I don't have a photo and if I would have a photo I couldn't post it, because I've canceled my photobucket account.  :banghead:

By the way is there a provider where I can post my photos for free?

Opel wanted the old actuator, because they needed to send it to GM for getting their money back.

I've checked the actuators before I installed them.

Every actuator (the original one and the two replacements) came from ACDelco and has been produced in China. :gaah:
Oliver  :usa:

Offline wspohn

• Master Tech
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »
I just had to replace a battery in my BMW Z4MC. In that car a low battery triggers all sorts of trouble codes, usually inaccurately.

The problem was that the battery tables are no longer accurate and the sizes quoted for a given number may be off 1/4" or more, which can make a difference in being able to fit them.  They had to get three batteries before they found one that fit exactly - at least you don't have to remove fenders to change them on that car ;-)
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
1958 MGA Twincam (race car)
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1957 Jamaican bodied MGA
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
Recently sold:
1969 MGC roadster,
1965 Jensen CV8,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
Bill in BC

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2020, 10:11:23 AM »

Last June 3rd I had a New Battery installed ( Interstate ) 1 year 2 months later Dead as a Doornail junk . The guy told me when not driving it in Winter I should start at least once a every Day or 2 . I never had a problem with the old one and it was Replaced 4 months after I bought the Car in Dec.2008 that one had Bad CELL , THAT WAS around April 2009 IT Lasted until last June . Went back to Factory A C Delco . NTB gave me a replacement ( under 2 years old and I sold it for 75.00 bucks .Hope this one last 10 yrs. too .

Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2020, 04:24:44 PM »
I bought the factory AC Delco about 5 years ago and still going strong.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2020, 02:03:14 AM »
I have had fantastic luck with the Walmart MAXX series. 5 yr warranty and very reasonable prices. I’m impressed with them and now have them in all my cars.
Make the right choices now

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2020, 08:12:27 AM »
The guy told me when not driving it in Winter I should start at least once a every Day or 2 .

I've got a lightweight Braille in the Camaro, which I have to either keep on a tended or start every day or two in the winter...no way that should be acceptable with a normal battery.

I did it to myself buying the Braille, but it's a compromise I was willing to live with. Stock battery in the Camaro weighed more than the one in my truck! The Braille weighs 17 lbs.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.