Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Swapped out the FE2 Sway Bars to New FE3 bars on my 2006 Mallet  (Read 1310 times)

Offline cammerjeff

• Tech
I recently was able to purchase 2 NOS FE3 sway bars with new end links and mounting brackets & Bushings to replace the stock FE2 Bars on my early 2006 Mallet LS2 car. I actually got around to mounting them on Tuesday (along with the Hawk front brake pads that have been sitting on a shelf for about 2 years!) All this to help me not embarrass myself at the upcoming Kappa Cross at this Months NASSAM 2021. Comparison of the 2 front bars, the FE2 bar measured 27.20mm on my Scale, the FE3 bar measured 33.43mm. Large increase.

The rear bar was not as big of an increase, 24.40mm for the FE2 & 25.80mm for the FE3 bar, but almost 1.5mm increase.

My very unscientific road tests before and after the swap on my local freeway cloverleaf on ramp eliminated the slight sawing of the steering wheel that was needed before the swap, and the car feels much more stable at to fast a speed on the on ramp!

Just for Ref a Picture of the car

2006 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2 manual Trans, 2009 N/A Coupe #663, manual Trans

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Swapped out the FE2 Sway Bars to New FE3 bars on my 2006 Mallet
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 12:51:55 PM »
Car looks fantastic.  Did you have that typical bed squeak noise before you swapped the parts?

Offline cammerjeff

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 12:57:08 PM »
No, I just have the rear end clunk under acceleration, that and I noticed the rear end is spitting fluid out of the vent, but the oil level is normal just below the fill plug.

:cloud:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 05:24:55 AM »
The clunk could be the diff arm bushing

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 08:23:42 AM »
Yeah the car looks great and must run nice with the LS2. Was the differential vent TSB ever done on the car? if not that would explain why the fluid burps out on occasion.

https://www.tsbsearch.com/Daewoo/07-04-20-001A
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:31:47 AM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline cammerjeff

• Tech
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 12:02:28 PM »
Thanks for the tip on the TSB, I was not aware of that one. I doubt it was done, and I have not confirmed where it is coming from, but it is oily around the entire Diff, including the top so the vent makes sense. I will look into it.

Thanks again.

And yes it is a fun little car. I shocked the Corvette collector down the street beating up on his Regular C7. He wants a rematch when his C8 arrives in a few weeks. I think I will be humbled then. But it was a fun day. He was disappointed my coupe is a N/A, but a won a beer from him when I proved it was faster than his 84 twin injected C4. But that's not saying much. I think my Pick Up is also faster than that stock C4.

And to think it was probably about the fastest American car made that year.