Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Dual projector curve active & horizon active headlamps  (Read 430 times)

Offline kgschlosser

• Tech
Re: Dual projector curve active & horizon active headlamps
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2021, 04:07:08 PM »
The electrical aspects are not really that hard. The programming aspects and reverse engineering the data signals is the hard part.

I already picked up a 2 channel CAN interface that I can plug into a laptop and I wrote some software that will allow me to plug in a tech2 scanner into one channel and the other will connect to the car. This way when I tell the tech2 scanner to do something  I can record  the information that is coming out of it. and any information that is on the network that isn't typical or repeated I will record this  way I can figure out what the response is from the car.
I already have things like headlights, parking lights, door lock, driver door unlock, passenger door unlock, speedometer, rpm, fuel level, turn signals, trunk pop, fog lights and a bunch of other things already reverse engineered. Oh I also have transmission gear for a manual transmission done also. I need to get the steering angle from the EBCM.

Online Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2021, 10:07:28 PM »
Adding fuses into the stock fuse box is easy, there is a terminal you crimp onto your load wire and then it installs in the back of the fuse panel like a terminal connector.  The fuse then plugs into that terminal.  I got the crimp terminal from my GM dealer.

You will have to take the panel out of the housing but I am sure you will be able to figure that out.  Look at how the other wires install and you should be able to figure out how to add to it.

The hard part is going to be getting the crimp terminal.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline kgschlosser

• Tech
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 02:00:27 AM »
tiz not my first time opening up a fuse box and adding fuses/relays. It's sometimes really interesting what ya find inside. sometimes it is all nice and neat and other times it looks like a bowl of spaghetti