Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Top replacement question  (Read 1109 times)

Offline spider

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Top replacement question
« on: March 31, 2009, 12:15:59 AM »
I wanted comformation that the famous side rear window frame parts with the plastic tabs are indeed 19152963 (L) & 19152964 (R) After feeding the service rep the history of the rip/pinch on the '07's, what shows up is the canvass only. Now we bring out the parts guy.He has a comprehension disorder also. I get a phone call, "We show 2 #s 19120245 with a weldnut on the tiebar & 19121187 without the weldnut" I told them I would call in the morning. Tie bar? Weld nut? Sounds like the entire frame to me. Definitely not the pieces  I was pointing at and describing. Are they frames & which would I need if thats my only option. I'm really tempted to continue using the nylon tabs I made long ago since they cured the problems & are slipperier than the plastic ones. Warranty is almost up & my top is starting to get a bit ragged from scuffing on the sides of the trunk lining.The frame & all its crazy puppetier cables have worked flawlessly.(So far)

Offline spider

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Top replacement question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:42:14 PM »
They arrived without tabs. Looks like I'll be using the nylon tabs after all. Thanks for the help?