Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Glad to be here, hope to learn alot.  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Eddie Rapido

• Apprentice/Gofer
  • Mostly interested in touring, going to car shows.
Glad to be here, hope to learn alot.
« on: July 26, 2009, 10:52:40 PM »
Bought my 2008 GPX, in January, 2009. We trailered it home, because I did not want to subject it to winter driving. The dealer in Burlington Ontario, was good, and made me an excellent deal. It had 1200 kliks on the odometer when I got it. Since it was sold as a new car, I got 1 year of onstar, and had Xm radio, 'til late June. It has air, the sport pedals, 5 speed manual transmission, chrome wheels, the premium stereo, cloth seats, and is black. I love it, and have had it on some of our twisty turney backroads, that Muskoka is famous for. It is fast, and handles like a dream. I still can't figure out , what the car test ladies, are twittering away about, regarding raising or lowering the top. I guess, they should stick to driving Miatas. Maybe the first time, it took me a few minutes, to complete the task. But, now it is done in a minute or less, and without tools, whatever one of the test girls meant by that! I will have to check out a luggage rack, for big roads trips, with my honey. But, other than cup holders, what have they got to :censor:  about. Besides, I like the idea of driving North American iron. :brnout: :ca2: Eddie Rapido.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 06:31:18 AM by DeepBlueGXP »
2008 Solstice GXP, 5 speed, sport suspension, sport pedals, limited slip diff., monsoon stereo, 18" chrome wheels, fog lights, cruise, power convenience package, A/C, no mods as of yet, only has 4100 kms on it.

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Re: Glad to be here, hope to learn alot.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 11:12:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum Eddie Rapido.  It is good that we have another member joining from Canada.  I will make it a point to add you to the list of Canadian and Alaskan members that I began some time ago.  Congrats on your 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP.  I am sure you have had a wonderful ownership experience.  Look forward to your next post.  Great group of guys and gals hang out here.

GXPinKC
Ron
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 01:37:46 AM »
Welcome Eddie, black color is the fastest ;)

Emjoy your stay around here
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 05:28:20 AM »
Actually Deep is the fastest...   :poke:

Hey Eddie Rapido, It's great to have another Canadian here  :ca2: and I'm glad that you could join us! Take a minute and update your profile and let the world know where you are from.

I'm not to far from you here in Welland. Maybe if I am up that way one time, I will look you up and maybe I'll see you at a meet in the area.

Welcome to the forum.

Bob
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline duckSol

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • Onward through the fog
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 08:34:35 AM »
Welcome and come back often.

Ok, what is the Rapido in your forum name, other hobies, fees up  :D
2012 Summer SOLSTICE In The Land Of SKY

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 11:03:23 AM »

Ok, what is the Rapido in your forum name, other hobies, fees up  :D

That's not his last name?  :lol:  Maybe a Canadian version of "fast Eddie".

Welcome neighbor.   :cheers: Glad to have ya.
07 Deep GXP auto.  A lot of cosmetic upgrades but not enough performace mods. YET.

Offline Eddie Rapido

• Apprentice/Gofer
  • Mostly interested in touring, going to car shows.
I just got back from a poker run planning drive.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 06:13:53 PM »
I had my 8 year old + grandson with me. he is going on 17, and figures to own my whip one day! Well, it won't be for a few years, I can assure him. I actually live in Washago Ontario, which is halfway between Orillia and Gravenhurst. The border of Muskoka. The name Eddie Rapido, I acquired in Cuba, when I entered a bartending contest. I was fastest, but drank the Cuba Libra, that I made, after shouting "Viva Cuba Libra"! Geesh those soldiers with the machine pistols had no sense of humour! :award:

Anyway, this poker run, is scheduled for September 26/09, a Saturday.It will be during the Fall Cavalcade of Colours up here. Open to all,proceeds to Radio for Radiology Campaign. If anyone is interested let me know. It covers about 250 Kms of Muskoka towns and scenery. Lots of prizes, and a buffet dinner afterwards. It is sponsered by the Orillia Masonic lodges. Keep it rubber side down. Eddie Rapido. :brnout: 
2008 Solstice GXP, 5 speed, sport suspension, sport pedals, limited slip diff., monsoon stereo, 18" chrome wheels, fog lights, cruise, power convenience package, A/C, no mods as of yet, only has 4100 kms on it.

Offline Geos GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 07:19:01 AM »
Welcome to the forum Eddie, always great to have another Canadian on board :ca2:
2007 Black GXP 5 Speed All options except OnStar

Offline GTO3296

• Tech
  • I'm growing older, but refuse to grow up!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 08:34:59 AM »
Eddie, welcome to a great car forum. Took my first real trip into Canada last summer. The people there were really friendly and helpful. Saw a couple of Pontiac Arcadias (I believe that was the model - 68 or 69 - thought they were Chevelles from the side). I still own a Canadian built vehicle, a 98 Firebird Formula (Vin # starts with a 2). Happy motoring in you GXP.
07 GXP, Aggressive, manual, sport pedals, top liner, leather w/red stitching, XM/6 disc Monsoon, AC, Spoiler, Color Keyed Splash Guards, windrestricter, open exhaust (local shop), BOV spring, slotted/dimpled rotors & painted calipers, DDM Backbone
Other vehs - 66 GTO, 98 Firebird Formula (many mods), 08 GMC Sierra Denali, 01 Harley Ultra (Screaming Eagle mods).

Offline TecSolOnt

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »

Welcome to another Cdn Eddie  :ca2: !!

Lots of knowledge on this forum ,  it has helped me get up to speed after buying a Sol in 2008, I'm sure you will find it a good place to ask questions and have some Sol focused discussions.

Your poker run should be fun, nice time of year in the Muskokas. Me I'm at the other end of the province near Windsor.  :brnout:

DDM ST II Supercharged , DDM Pro Beam, DDM Backbone, Solo Performance Mach Exhaust, Norms Diffuser Valance, Kappa Windscreen, Sound Deadener