Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Problems ?!?!?! On Kappas? No way.  (Read 3966 times)

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
Problems ?!?!?! On Kappas? No way.
« on: December 29, 2008, 10:55:43 PM »
There are no problems.  :huh: There are "challenges and opportunities".   :lol:

Actually, I have been SO bored with sterile cars from both oceans and the US. Kappas are absolutely NOT perfect, and although aggrevating, makes it a little more fun. Of course, my first car was a Sunbeam Imp, I have had a Corvair Corsa, Rambler American convertible, and still have a 70 GT6+ and an 80 TR8. So, what the phuck do I know. :nuts: :nuts:
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline RUTurbo

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Problems ?!?!?! On Kappas? No way.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:15:30 PM »
Speaking of problems, this past week during a routine check up for my Sky the dealer cracked the battery door cover/fender on the passenger side, I'd love to have both sides swapped out with the 2.4's fenders so I can have the black inserts rather than the silver. Anyone know a ballpark figure of what I should be looking to pay???
Keep Chopping!!!

Offline MomsSol

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:19:23 PM »
Speaking of problems, this past week during a routine check up for my Sky the dealer cracked the battery door cover/fender on the passenger side, I'd love to have both sides swapped out with the 2.4's fenders so I can have the black inserts rather than the silver. Anyone know a ballpark figure of what I should be looking to pay???

:huh: What 'black inserts' on the fender?  Do you mean the wheel well liner?

If they broke it .. they should have to replace it!
Just here to help a friend! :thumbs:
True Lady Gearhead :)
We'll Miss You PONTIAC! :cryin:

Offline RUTurbo

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 12:35:04 PM »
The dealer I use doesn't have a body shop, so they will be footing the bill at a highly rated local place, here's what a pic of what I was referring to hope it helps. I'll be coming out of pocket for the driver's side if it isn't to expensive of a change. Redline's "air ducts" are painted silver while 2.4's are black. I personally like the look of the black better.
Keep Chopping!!!

Offline MomsSol

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 10:54:17 AM »
The dealer I use doesn't have a body shop, so they will be footing the bill at a highly rated local place, here's what a pic of what I was referring to hope it helps. I'll be coming out of pocket for the driver's side if it isn't to expensive of a change. Redline's "air ducts" are painted silver while 2.4's are black. I personally like the look of the black better.

:banghead: I am so sorry RUT ... I was thinking Sol rather than Sky.  That's why I wasn't getting what you were talking about.  Forgive?
Just here to help a friend! :thumbs:
True Lady Gearhead :)
We'll Miss You PONTIAC! :cryin:

Offline RUTurbo

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 11:51:15 AM »
No problemo :thumbs: All is forgiven! :ghug:
Keep Chopping!!!

Offline Mr.Marky

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 01:23:29 PM »
Why not get a can of Flat black spray and do it yourself. It's very e-z. And the flat black will make the look more dramatic. The masking is the most important part.