Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: List of Repairs- It's just not a $50,000 automobile!!  (Read 2815 times)

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
List of Repairs- It's just not a $50,000 automobile!!
« on: December 31, 2008, 07:36:32 AM »
Here is my list of repairs in case anyone has any questions:

Service/Dealer Repair Log:

* Wiring Connection for Fog Light- 4,265 miles- 6/8/07
    * Control Assembly Floor Shifter Replacement- 4,265 miles- 6/8/07
    * Folding Top Cover Replacement Pads- 6,714 miles- 8/8/07
    * Shock Left Front Replaced- 8,386 miles- 9/25/07
    * Hood Refinish/Clear Coat- 10,569 miles- 11/12/07
    * Transmission Clunk- Supposedly "Within GM Specifications"
    * Repair Rear Differential Vent- 10,569 miles- 11/12/07
    * Repair Front Stabilizer Links as per TSB 07 03 08 003
    * Repair Rear Differential Vent (again)
    * Repair Rear Differential Vent (for a third time)- they placed a filter in the vent as per TECH SERVICE- the filter is part # 5651682 and the clamp is part # 22518665
    * Convertible Top B-Pillar Tabs Installed for Roof Tearing
    * Driver's Side Door Handle Replacement (dealer broke it off)- replaced with part number 15773795 (handle)
    * Repair Differential Vent Tube (4th time)
    * Vent Tube Deemed Unrepairable- they replaced the entire differential using part numbers 2585822 (carrier), 89021677 (gear lubrication), and 1052358 (additive)
    * Called GM Customer Service to file complaint- Regional Manager declined any compensation for being in a rental over 1 month for warranty
    * Turbo gasket leak because of loosened OEM bolts- used new SOLO gasket to fix and high-temp Lok-Tite on OEM bolts
    * Convertible Top bolt backed out and passenger side became flimsy and did not align- piece replaced and convertible top repaired
    * Rear Decklid rubber stopper fell off- replaced deck lid rubber stopper
    * Hood Misaligned- paint scratched off of inner hood, wheel well plastic scrathed, insulator ripped- dealer will not fix- purchased insulating foam
    * Driver's seat latch linkage broken- seat does not lock into place- dealer ordered the wrong piece- repair finally completed with new seat assembly
    * Damaged fender to to dealer's improper lift- they refuse to accept responsibility so I put on Norm's Fenders

Changed Dealerships: From Morrissey Pontiac (Rockville Centre) to Van Buuren Pontiac (Garden City)- 7/14/08

* Convertible Top Alignment- dealer installed new catch piece
    * A/C Issue (not cooling consistently)- repaired with a new sensor
    * Hood/Front Bumper Alignment (aligned correctly by Newbridge Auto Body)
    * Hard Downshifting from 2nd to 1st Gear- repaired with 2nd new differential carrier
    * Wheel stud stripped- replaced by dealer with new hub assembly
    * Noise from right rear wheel- wheel hub assembly replaced
    * Thermostat Replaced (coolant temperature jumping all over and hose fluid temperatures were varying from the norm)

Van Buuren Pontiac has been a GREAT dealership!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:39:05 AM by spiky3480 »
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: List of Repairs- It's just not a $50,000 automobile!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 11:31:55 AM »
Damn Steve, you are tough on cars!!! :lol:

Offline RUTurbo

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 11:57:43 AM »
Wow!!! After reading your list of issues I had to go into the garage and hug my Sky, and tell her I'm sorry for all the bad things I have said about her in the past!!
Keep Chopping!!!

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 12:24:04 PM »
LOL the funny thing is that I am not even tough on her...I hardly beat on it...I just got a bad one from the dealership...but thank goodness they are all fixed.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

INTRUDER

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 12:57:05 PM »
    * Rear Decklid rubber stopper fell off- replaced deck lid rubber stopper

Steve, you really have had your share of problems. Touch wood, the only problem that I have had is the pinching top and I knew exactly what to do to fix it when it happened. I have gotten several letters from the dealer asking me to bring in the car for service but there is nothing to take it in for.  :D

That rubber bumper that fell off, is it the rubber bumper that is on the hinge? The one that stops the trunk lid from opening too far? I broke mine and when I went to the dealer to get one he told me that I had to buy the entire hinge to get the rubber piece. A little glue fixed it but if they were able to get a rubber bumper, would you happen to have a part number on that sheet?  :huh:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline baconbits

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »
"Damaged fender to to dealer's improper lift"
Before I take the car to the dealer I take pictures of the rockers and fenders..
Bacon :woohoo:

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »
Steve, you really have had your share of problems. Touch wood, the only problem that I have had is the pinching top and I knew exactly what to do to fix it when it happened. I have gotten several letters from the dealer asking me to bring in the car for service but there is nothing to take it in for.  :D

That rubber bumper that fell off, is it the rubber bumper that is on the hinge? The one that stops the trunk lid from opening too far? I broke mine and when I went to the dealer to get one he told me that I had to buy the entire hinge to get the rubber piece. A little glue fixed it but if they were able to get a rubber bumper, would you happen to have a part number on that sheet?  :huh:

Mine was actually the one on the inside of the decklid that touches the convertible top and protects it. 
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

INTRUDER