Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Another new Sky in Texas! (DFW)  (Read 2798 times)

Offline DFW Sky

• Apprentice/Gofer
Another new Sky in Texas! (DFW)
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
Just found this site today (3/7/10) and purchased my new 09 Sky on 1/2/10.  I found it online at a dealer in Little Rock at 945am, called the dealer to verify they had it and negotiated the price on the phone.  Made it from my house to DFW airport in time to catch a 10:45am flight.  The dealer picked me up at the airport and in less than an hour I was in my new Sky driving home!

Only mods so far were removing the GM chicklets, along with the SKY and dealer badges on the rear, and replacing the wheel caps with the Opel caps.  

I've read about the sequential turn signals - but am concerned about comments related to cracking the tail light when they are removed - anyone care to enlighten me on this?

I'm very interested in the MRZ engine cap covers and trunk lid billet covers - maybe we can start another group buy deal!

Johnathon
09 Sky
Ruby Red, Special Edition
"Get AWY"

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Another new Sky in Texas! (DFW)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »
Welcome DFW Sky to the Kappa Performance Forum. Nice to have another TEXAN among us. This is the place to be if you are into mods as the folks here are mod CRAZY.

Come see some of the other locals at CARS & COFFEE 1st Saturday of every month in Plano.

2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Offline DickW

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:45:10 PM »
Welcome to the best Kappa forum. If you have any Questions, someone on here will answer them. These people know more about these cars than GM. :)
08 Cool Gxp, XM radio, Monsoon Package, 3M Clear bra. Vertical doors, Solo Mach and  3 inch Cat. GMPP turbo upgrade, DDM Race Backbone and Probeam

Offline Fred

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 09:12:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Have you hooked up with the DFW group yet??
Pops' car is Cool, Black Leather. Everything but Onstar and pretty much stock. VIN 12228.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:51:54 PM »
Welcome!  We will be tons of help for all your mods and questions.  Join the family and have some fun.

Gentleman Jack
Make the right choices now

Offline DFW Sky

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 11:15:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Have you hooked up with the DFW group yet??

Not yet - How/where do I find them?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 11:54:06 PM »
     DFW Sky  Welcome to the Kappa Performance Forum   Only the Best Forum this side of Anywhere and Everywhere on the internet . Enjoy and learn all you Can     :ghug:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 05:27:25 AM »
Welcome Texan, nice to see another Sky which likes Opel  :thumbs:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline JimmyBaja

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 09:22:30 AM »
Welcome! Outstanding group of people here. Have fun.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 03:38:50 PM »
When removing the tail lights, don't use a screw driver to lift the light.  That cracks them.   use a scraper to help lift the lights.

Offline rcola

• Tech
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 04:30:52 PM »
Not yet - How/where do I find them?
Hey DFW Sky, welcome, you can go to whats called the bbq: www.solstice-forum.com, that is where alot of the texas people are, and where the texas trips are planned, like Kerrville. You aught to check it out  :cool:
'08 Carbon Flash Metallic  Fully Loaded, Custom "Flash" Windrestrictor, DDM Rotrex supercharger, Solo Performance Race Exhaust(No Muffler), JPM Custom "Flash" Center Console and Door Inserts & shifter, VDI Doors, BC Racing coilovers.

Offline Red_Sol07

• Apprentice/Gofer
  • Little Red Devil
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 06:17:16 PM »
Welcome aboard! My work's "websense" kicked me off of the solstice forum a few days ago, but for some reason I can still get onto this forum. So I guess I will be on here more often. At least while I'm at work. I'm in Irving, Tx by the way. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Offline Imaj

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »
Good to have ya DFW Sky. I hope we can see you on the first Saturday of each month at the Dallas Cars and Coffee. Here is a link to the site for all the info. you will need.

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

Offline melissadunagan

• Master Tech
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »
  Welcome to a another fellow Texan.
Ferret Lady