Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: GMC/Chevy dealerships will do warranty work on Saturns? HA!  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
GMC/Chevy dealerships will do warranty work on Saturns? HA!
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:55:47 PM »
 :mad:

Despite being told by GM that GMC/Chevy dealers will be able to do warranty work on our cars, so far all but one of the dealerships in the area have proved them wrong. I'm trying to get my intercooler fixed in preparation for a Wester's tune, and I'm about to give up.

Closest dealership, and one that DBG recommended, simply stated that they don't do Saturn work, and that a branch an hour up the road handles that work. So, Monday night I stopped by, and well, their service department didn't even know what an intercooler was. :nuts: Scary huh?

Drove up to another, unrelated GMC/Chevy dealership about 45 minutes away, and got the same spiel, though they were quite friendly about it and even gave an explanation of why they couldn't: they are not part of the Saturn parts network. That little tidbit has me thinking that maybe with a call to GM I may be able to get service at the local shop. Thoughts?
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
Re: GMC/Chevy dealerships will do warranty work on Saturns? HA!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:09:11 PM »
GM has selected certain Chevy stores as Saturn warranty centers. They are (supposed to be) set up to order parts through the Saturn parts channel. You may want to call Saturn Customer Service and ask where the nearest one is.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline Sky 5

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
For your nearest Saturn Authorized Service Provider click here http://www.saturn.com/pages/mds/experience/news.do

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »
Yep, the nearest option is the center that I had to lecture on the definition of an intercooler and it's purpose in turbocharged cars.  :gaah:

Guess I'll just have to go elsewhere. I was trying to avoid having to make a dedicated trip just to get this thing fixed. I wish these places would just hand out the parts and let me worry about it...
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:03:44 PM »
I know this is not what GM says but what about a GM dealer that had Pontiacs.
Also Chevy dealerships sell HHR SS and Cobalts SS (2.0 turbo LNF) they have an intercooler in them, so the mechanics that work on them should be able to work on your Saturn SKY.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline mikesturbo

• Tech
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 10:06:40 PM »
Uranium-238  GM has set up CERTIFIEDSaturn dealers meaning that the new GM dealer has pd for the tools from the closed Saturn dealer in your area and has a exclusive contract to buy parts from GM for the Saturn Line, with that said any GM dealer can submit Saturn Warranty to GM but has to buy the Parts thru the CERTIFIED Saturn dealer. So if you have a Pontiac Buick GMC who should know the car from working on a Solstice find a dealer in your area, he can work on it but has to get the parts from the certified dealer.  In Oct the exclusivity will end and all dealer can order parts  for example I have all my Solstice work done at a Chevy dealer 8 miles away from the other Chevy store that is the Certified dealer for Saturn and I go there because I trust he will make sure I am Happy. Part of the reluctance to work on saturns is that the older ones were different from all other GM cars but this has not been the case for 5 yrs now with the exception of the Astra all other Saturns are basically another GM model with different Badging and frt and rear Bumpers , bezels. Hope that helps.

mike
"a wise man is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"   Jim Elliott

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 10:30:09 PM »
bummer