Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Suspension Squeaks  (Read 12284 times)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Suspension Squeaks
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:01:49 AM »
I don't know if the TSB still applies but here it is
Subject: Squeak/Squawk Noise from Front End When Driving Over Bumps (Replace Front Stabilizer Clamps and Insulators (Bushings)) #07-03-08-003 - (03/29/2007)

Models: 2007 Pontiac Solstice
           2007 Saturn Sky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Condition:
Some customers may comment on a squeak/squawk noise from the front suspension while driving over small bumps.

Cause:
This condition may be caused by the contacted surfaces of the insulator bushings squeaking against the stabilizer bar and/or clamp in cold weather.

Correction:
Vehicles Equipped with FE2 Suspension
On FE2 suspension vehicles, replace the original insulator bushings with same part number (P/N 15887219) and install revised replacement clamps, P/N 15784871. Refer to Stabilizer Shaft Insulator Replacement in SI.

Vehicles Equipped with FE3 Suspension
Replace the insulator bushings with revised bushings, P/N 25789241. At this time, also replace the insulator clamps with P/N 15784871. Refer to Stabilizer Shaft Insulator Replacement in SI.

Parts Information:
Part Number    Description Qty

15887219 Insulator, Stabilizer Bar (FE2) 2

25789241 Insulator, Stabilizer Bar (FE3) 2

15784871 Clamp, Stabilizer Bar Insulator (All) 2

Warranty Information:
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation Description Labor Time

E2180* Insulator and/or Bracket, Front Stabilizer 0.3 hr

*The Labor Time Guide will be updated with this new time in the future.

lil goat

Re: Suspension Squeaks
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:36:57 AM »
My friend you are a mind reader I was about to start looking for this, before I take my car in next week to have the steering wheel controls fixed. Figured I would have them both done at the same time.

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:21:23 PM »
Good luck lilgoat.  I tried them and got the "failure to duplicate"

My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 09:47:01 AM »
Dark Tech was there yesterday for his rear diff recall and they wouldn't do his because he would need to schedule another appointment.  They told him they need a 4 hour block...

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 01:47:03 PM »
Good luck lilgoat.  I tried them and got the "failure to duplicate"
I got the same thing, of course it was top down weather...

Offline Gunnys GXP

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
  • SEMPER FI
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »
Speed bump in the early AM is how I got them to hear it.
07 Deep GXP auto.  A lot of cosmetic upgrades but not enough performace mods. YET.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 05:11:42 PM »
Dark Tech was there yesterday for his rear diff recall and they wouldn't do his because he would need to schedule another appointment.  They told him they need a 4 hour block...
:lol: Are they gonna get a surprise when they only get paid .3 hours by GM!  :lol:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

lil goat

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 02:49:44 AM »
The dealer called me and thanked me when Dark Tech made his appointment, they are hurting for business, I keep forgeting to email Jay with the TSB, they can have my car all day, I'll just be asleep anyway. Last time I was in there I sat in the Service Manager's office for about 30 minutes just chatting, so I may have an edge. If I can get it done then they will have to do everyone else too. I will update everyone as soon as I take my car in. I will tell Jay if they don't do it I will send Chuck back in, he is known as a "problem child"

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 09:27:25 AM »
Sounds good.  I hope they stay in business. I am going to video my squeak because by the time I get there (1.5 hr drive) there is no squeak.

Chuck

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »
I had this taken car of last spring when I took the car in to have them destroy the rear lower control arms, AKA the pinion seal recall.  I just called the service manager and asked if he was aware of the TSB and told him I would like to have it done at the same time as the pinion seal.  No one even asked if I was having a squeak or not, which I wasn't as I almost never drive the car unless the top is in the down position and most of the time this prevents me from driving the car if it is cold out.  Then again the service manager and I have a bit of an understanding as both he and the CFO of the dealership ended up coming out to my house one night to talk about defective tires on my car.  This came after I informed someone else at the dealership that if they didn't make things right I was going to have a long talk with the owner of the dealership, turns out he is friends with one of my former bosses.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 02:45:22 PM »
Sounds good.  I hope they stay in business. I am going to video my squeak because by the time I get there (1.5 hr drive) there is no squeak.

Chuck
chuck there will always be that sqeak behind the wheel - steering wheel   :crazy: that is  :rofl:
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 03:27:24 PM »
Ha Ha Ha

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 05:02:09 PM »
chuck there will always be that sqeak behind the wheel - steering wheel   :crazy: that is  :rofl:
And his name is "Pip"!!!!!!

Offline Dark Tech

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 08:30:59 PM »
The dealer called me and thanked me when Dark Tech made his appointment, they are hurting for business, I keep forgeting to email Jay with the TSB, they can have my car all day, I'll just be asleep anyway. Last time I was in there I sat in the Service Manager's office for about 30 minutes just chatting, so I may have an edge. If I can get it done then they will have to do everyone else too. I will update everyone as soon as I take my car in. I will tell Jay if they don't do it I will send Chuck back in, he is known as a "problem child"

I was really impressed with the dealer, they really know to take care of there customers.  I also would like to mention that I scheduled the appointment for the sqeeky suspension on a Saturday which is impressive.  The dealer near us only does services monday thourgh friday.

Go-n Def, the day when i drove home from the dealer you probably would of driven with the top down.  It was 44 degrees.

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 11:53:48 PM »
Yep!

lil goat

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 02:52:46 AM »
I was really impressed with the dealer, they really know to take care of there customers.  I also would like to mention that I scheduled the appointment for the sqeeky suspension on a Saturday which is impressive.  The dealer near us only does services monday thourgh friday.

Go-n Def, the day when i drove home from the dealer you probably would of driven with the top down.  It was 44 degrees.

I am pretty impressed, good free coffee and free wireless access in the waiting room is a nice touch. They seem to actually care about there customers, they used to be open for service until 9:00 and on Sunday but just didn't get enough business.

Offline Twotoys

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 12:34:30 PM »
 I took mine in for yet again another leak from the rear end.  I guess it was the vent leaking again.  We'll see.  The front end was SQUEAKING when I drove it in.  They called GM and GM told them to drive it after the car warms up from being in the shop.  No more Squeak.  They claim that the bushings are very tight and they will squeek when it gets cold outside.
 The Dealership Treaded me very well when I'm there.  I know I'm a Pain in the Butt, but the car should be right.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 02:22:00 PM by Twotoys »

lil goat

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »
I emailed the TSB to Jay, the service writer, just told him the car squeals when I pull out of the driveway and on speed bumps, scheduled the appointment for next Tuesday to take care of it. Have to wait and see what they do, but they scheduled Dark Tech too.

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 10:59:25 PM »
Darn, I have patients on tuesday, I will make one for wed.

Offline Go-N Def

• Master Detailer
  • Gearhead
  • Morally Flexible
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 03:48:59 AM »
I emailed the TSB to Jay, the service writer, just told him the car squeals when I pull out of the driveway and on speed bumps, scheduled the appointment for next Tuesday to take care of it. Have to wait and see what they do, but they scheduled Dark Tech too.
Stop hitting the gas so hard and this may not happen! :lol:

lil goat

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 03:51:22 AM »
I have class on Monday that's why I set it up for Tuesday when I have no class.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 07:34:29 PM »
Stop hitting the gas so hard and this may not happen! :lol:

You don't have to hit the gas that hard for it to happen! :brnout:
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 07:42:57 PM »
Have no class, It is so hard to keep quiet and not say the obvious,  shut up chuck.  Don't do it>

lol

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 07:48:35 PM »
Have no class, It is so hard to keep quiet and not say the obvious,  shut up chuck.  Don't do it>

lol

Chuck it would appear that you have at least a little class.  Remember if the joke writes itself you don't really have to make it/say it.
2007 Aggressive GXP

lil goat

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 03:43:07 PM »
Oh come on Chuck that was a setup if ever I saw one and you let me down, old Rodney Dangerfield joke, from Back to School

Diane: Actually, I'd like to join you, but I have class tonight.
Thornton Melon: Oh. How 'bout tomorrow night?
Diane: I have class then, too.
Thornton Melon: I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
Diane: [laughs] Alright. Maybe I will.