Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Rattle in the cabin  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Rattle in the cabin
« on: February 03, 2009, 02:38:11 PM »
To any who might offer help:

I've got an increasingly annoying (and seemingly more frequent and loud) rattle/buzz from somewhere on the right (passenger) side of my dash (sound as if it's coming from above/behind the glovebox or A-pillar). I've had the A-pillar off and back on and cannot fine the source. Any ideas?

Joe or someone else with the service manual, can you post a scan of how to get the glovebox out completely? I can disconnect the retaining cable and depress the sides to get it semi-free, but cannot see exactly what to do next to remove it completely.

Thanks!

--Chemist
I'd rather be driving! :D

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Rattle in the cabin
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:42:45 PM »
There are 3 cupping brackets on the glove box, no screws.  You have shine a light on it to see at what angle to lift the box.  The outer ones cup down and the middle cups up.

Take off your a-pillar and see if your tweeter came off or possible one of the push in brackets cracked.

do you have a PAL interface installed?

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Rattle in the cabin
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 02:51:02 PM »
There are 3 cupping brackets on the glove box, no screws.  You have shine a light on it to see at what angle to lift the box.  The outer ones cup down and the middle cups up.

Take off your a-pillar and see if your tweeter came off or possible one of the push in brackets cracked.

do you have a PAL interface installed?
I _think_ I can see what you are saying. The two "pivot pegs" on the back "hinge" rest in cupping brackets and a third such bracket is in the middle?

Removing the A-pillar cover is first on my list this next weekend (this week is already shot for car work).

I do NOT have the PAL interface.

BTW, thanks MUCH for the quick reply.

--Chemist
I'd rather be driving! :D