Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Let's Talk F1  (Read 445852 times)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: Let's Talk F1
« Reply #3525 on: July 20, 2021, 04:37:20 PM »
Ham passed two other cars in that same corner later in the race including a pass for 1st place.  VER pushed HAM towards the wall approaching that turn.  From where he was he could not get out on the racing line to get the angle for the apex of the turn.  Both were racing hard and neither one was going to back off because they expected the other one to blink.  Neither blinked. 

It has happened before and will happen again.  If you start handing out penalties for racing you might as well present the trophies at qualifying, because that is the only racing you will see.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #3526 on: July 20, 2021, 07:01:44 PM »
Definitely agree Critterman, they are both heavy competitors and were not going to give. I think it was a racing incident, but sorry to see Max get hurt.
But glad it wasn't too bad, hurt wise. I thought that Max squeezed Ham a bit, but Ham also drifted slightly left. But at those speeds it was hard not too.
Overall a good race, I liked the setup format. Less boring and waiting for some action. Seemed to keep the teams on their toes for the race.
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3527 on: July 20, 2021, 07:06:13 PM »
He deserved the penalty. He was not ahead and should have stayed to his right instead of coming into Vers racing place.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3528 on: July 22, 2021, 09:04:24 PM »
That was a weird weekend.
I enjoyed the sprint, but kind of felt like it didn't matter and they should just do qualifying and a race. 

I agree with LV, it was close to being just a racing incident, and it's gonna happen again with these 2, but according to the rules, Hamilton was at fault. 

That sure makes the driver race a lot closer.

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #3529 on: July 28, 2021, 07:00:45 AM »
Looks like Red Bull wants more.
They launched a challenge against the Ham's penalty.
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3530 on: July 28, 2021, 02:47:20 PM »
They want him suspended for a race.  They meet on Thursday with 'new' information.  If they get their way it will be the end of racing in F1.

Hungary this weekend.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3531 on: July 28, 2021, 03:33:34 PM »
How many times has Max taken his own teammate out of a race by being "competitive?"  RB needs to get over it and move on.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #3532 on: July 29, 2021, 05:02:33 PM »
They want him suspended for a race.  They meet on Thursday with 'new' information.  If they get their way it will be the end of racing in F1.

Hungary this weekend.

The ONLY reason they are pushing for this is to 'balance out' the drivers points.  If this wasn't the closest season in several years, they would have moved passed it already.  That alone is enough for me to say they need to drop it.  If they really felt this was an egregious driver error / intentional attempt to harm / etc, they would petition it no matter the points, and I just don't see it that way.  Maybe this new evidence will change my mind?

Side note - finally got a chance to watch Drive to Survive.  Wife and I powered through all three seasons.  Was a really interesting take.  The really played up the Grojsean crash.  No doubt it was a major thing, but the way they edited the footage really gave a warped perspective.  I have a good friend who has never watched an F1 race, but watched the series and what he thought happened was pretty far from the truth.  Not a complaint - Netflix is in the entertainment business.  They made an entertaining show.  Just something that stuck with me.

Hungary... yes.
Make the right choices now

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3533 on: July 29, 2021, 05:14:12 PM »
What you all fail to see is a 10 second penalty is ACTUALLY NOTHING for a driver that is running 20, 30 seconds ahead, maybe even more to the rest of the field.

Hamilton should have been put at the end of the pack when they start it the race after the red flag. If it was not for the upgrades to these F1 cars for safety, Vers would be dead.
I just hope Red Bull takes 1st and 2nd on this coming race and others to get MB out of the way for 2021.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3534 on: July 29, 2021, 09:11:28 PM »
Except the the top 3 cars finished  around 11 sec apart so a 10 sec penalty was significant.  Also Ham didn't end up leading until very late in the race.  The wreck actually didn't improve his position.

Going into that turn Ver didn't need to look in a mirror to see Ham was to his right, Hams front tire was almost in line with Vers seat. It doesn't take a very smart driver to know you might collide if the inside driver drifts out in that situation.  I can't tell you how many times I have had to yield to a moron that was in the wrong to avoid an accident.  Being right doesn't mean much if you are dead. Ver could have easily given himself a safety margin just in case, but he didn't and that was a risk he choose to take. 

Both drivers were going for position and that is what we as fans want to see.  If they start having passing and no passing zones or penalties based on track position or driver standing people are going to tune out.  The rules and penalties need to be fair and having a weighted system will make the FIA appear more biased.  And to be honest I think the FIA already has a problem with that.

In my opinion both drivers made errors Ham got the better this time and got a penalty.  Ver hopefully learned something from this, even if it's next time take Ham out of the race too.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3535 on: July 30, 2021, 01:39:05 PM »
Well the stewards seem to think the additional info RB had was BS and I agree.  Even the announcers are making fun of it during FP2.

Either drivers will race or F1 will become a parade.  It is not the first time someone has been booted off the track nor will it be the last.  :censor:  about it and then move one.  We are at the move on stage now.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #3536 on: July 30, 2021, 11:52:02 PM »
What you all fail to see is a 10 second penalty is ACTUALLY NOTHING for a driver that is running 20, 30 seconds ahead, maybe even more to the rest of the field.

Hamilton should have been put at the end of the pack when they start it the race after the red flag. If it was not for the upgrades to these F1 cars for safety, Vers would be dead.
I just hope Red Bull takes 1st and 2nd on this coming race and others to get MB out of the way for 2021.

What difference does it make that his car is fast?  Penalties are not based on WHO but WHAT.  Or are you suggesting faster cars should receive harsher penalties for the same infractions?
Make the right choices now

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3537 on: July 31, 2021, 01:26:32 PM »
Qually should have Merc haters shaking their heads.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3538 on: July 31, 2021, 02:56:57 PM »
Well that was a really weird way to end qualifying. 
If that is deemed legal, there is a serious flaw in the rules
I'd consider that impeding. 

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3539 on: July 31, 2021, 05:36:38 PM »
Let?s see what happens tomorrow at the start. I have no hate for anyone, Hamilton is an excellent driver, just do not like him, that does not mean his accomplishments should not be praised, is his personality and believes, those are my reasons.
Solstice GXP 2007.

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3540 on: July 31, 2021, 08:10:16 PM »
Well that was a really weird way to end qualifying. 
If that is deemed legal, there is a serious flaw in the rules
I'd consider that impeding. 

Except he wasn't stopping them from going around them.  Their enginers put them on the track behind the Mercs if anyone is to blame it is them.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3541 on: August 01, 2021, 01:00:09 PM »
Okay I watched this race and don't know what to say other than you need to watch it.  I have seen things I have never seen before.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3542 on: August 01, 2021, 01:43:10 PM »
That first lap
YIKES

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3543 on: August 01, 2021, 04:57:59 PM »
YIKES is correct, and this gives MB, to my thinking, to maybe execute what is been rumored.
Solstice GXP 2007.

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3544 on: August 01, 2021, 05:40:00 PM »
YIKES is correct, and this gives MB, to my thinking, to maybe execute what is been rumored.

And what is that ?

The second standing start has to be a first.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3545 on: August 01, 2021, 06:36:07 PM »
This just in:

Hamilton has gone to the team doctor, dizziness and exhaustion.
Vettel disqualified for failure to provide a liter of fuel for testing.  He was also cautioned by the stewards for the t-shirt he wore during the anthem.
Ocon under investigation for the same.

Both ran out of fuel on the track after the race.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3546 on: August 01, 2021, 06:36:47 PM »
I think he is referring to swapping Bottas with Russel???

So Vettel did not have 1 liter of fuel remaining and got disqualified so that pushes Hamilton up to 2nd.

What a shit show these last 2 races have been for RBR

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3547 on: August 02, 2021, 03:42:13 PM »
This is why I no longer watch baseball, football, basket ball because is all control by the people on top and F1 seems to be getting there as well.
I actually do not remember seen any t-shirt on either one, all I saw were their racing gear.
elff, Yes is just another nail in the coffin for Bottas. Now him an another racer get 5 place penalties, but Hamilton just gets 10 sec.. WOW.
So the FIA will disqualify both Ocon and Vettell and give 1st to Hamilton, really.
Solstice GXP 2007.

Offline Critterman

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3548 on: August 02, 2021, 04:02:03 PM »
Vettel wore a rainbow shirt during the playing of the anthem.

DDM
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
ZOK suspension

JPM

Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3549 on: August 02, 2021, 06:05:16 PM »
Why is F1 concerned about that
They play that whole equality, inclusion and sustainability bullshit before every race.

A 5 place penalty isn't that big a deal for the faster cars when they have the entire race to make it up, and usually do within 2-6 turns on the first lap.    I think a 10 second penalty affects them more
But
It is inconsistent and that's what i don't like