Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Let's Talk F1  (Read 248456 times)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: Let's Talk F1
« Reply #3525 on: July 20, 2021, 04:37:20 PM »
Ham passed two other cars in that same corner later in the race including a pass for 1st place.  VER pushed HAM towards the wall approaching that turn.  From where he was he could not get out on the racing line to get the angle for the apex of the turn.  Both were racing hard and neither one was going to back off because they expected the other one to blink.  Neither blinked. 

It has happened before and will happen again.  If you start handing out penalties for racing you might as well present the trophies at qualifying, because that is the only racing you will see.
2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #3526 on: July 20, 2021, 07:01:44 PM »
Definitely agree Critterman, they are both heavy competitors and were not going to give. I think it was a racing incident, but sorry to see Max get hurt.
But glad it wasn't too bad, hurt wise. I thought that Max squeezed Ham a bit, but Ham also drifted slightly left. But at those speeds it was hard not too.
Overall a good race, I liked the setup format. Less boring and waiting for some action. Seemed to keep the teams on their toes for the race.
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter,...more to come!

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3527 on: July 20, 2021, 07:06:13 PM »
He deserved the penalty. He was not ahead and should have stayed to his right instead of coming into Vers racing place.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
« Reply #3528 on: July 22, 2021, 09:04:24 PM »
That was a weird weekend.
I enjoyed the sprint, but kind of felt like it didn't matter and they should just do qualifying and a race. 

I agree with LV, it was close to being just a racing incident, and it's gonna happen again with these 2, but according to the rules, Hamilton was at fault. 

That sure makes the driver race a lot closer.

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #3529 on: Yesterday at 07:00:45 AM »
Looks like Red Bull wants more.
They launched a challenge against the Ham's penalty.
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter,...more to come!

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #3530 on: Yesterday at 02:47:20 PM »
They want him suspended for a race.  They meet on Thursday with 'new' information.  If they get their way it will be the end of racing in F1.

Hungary this weekend.
2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3531 on: Yesterday at 03:33:34 PM »
How many times has Max taken his own teammate out of a race by being "competitive?"  RB needs to get over it and move on.
2007 Aggressive GXP