Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Wheel liner info - are yours cracked?  (Read 21348 times)

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Wheel liner info - are yours cracked?
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »
 :sorry:

I won't let it happen again. ;)

I just checked and as I thought...no cracks! Not sure how, but all 4 liners look good. Thought for sure the driver's side rear would have damage from the pole.

If I find I need some in the future, I'll post.

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »
If you can ship I'll take a front set for a 2009 Gxp.

Thanks
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2011, 08:58:57 AM »
Having thought on this, presuming the price is good, I'd be in for a set of the two fronts. [Update per SlyBoB:] For a 2008 Solstice GXP.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:16:23 PM by TomatoSoup »
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »
Quick question, do the front liners on the 2009 Gxp look different then the liners from the 2009 Gxp?

They seem a different design to me.
2008 Mean Yellow GXP, RDC Exhaust, Westers Race Tune, BC Racing coil overs, ZOK Rear Sway bar and poly bushings front and rear.

Offline MARVIC 1

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2011, 10:01:30 PM »
Quick question, do the front liners on the 2009 Gxp look different then the liners from the 2009 Gxp?

They seem a different design to me.
The front liner from the 2009 GXP should look the same as the 2009 GXP, :agree: 100%, answer to your question..... No!

:D

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2011, 10:04:48 PM »
Marvic ------   :lol:

DragonsolGXP-
Can you rephrase the question?
Make the right choices now

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2011, 10:33:29 PM »
Damn ipad :roll:
Are the front liners from the 2009 the same as the 2008. I saw some on a 2009 and they look different than the ones on my 2008, plus they have the plastic plugs and not the screws.

Offline spartan

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2011, 09:30:04 AM »
If Joe is having them delivered to his place in Lusby yeah, I'll take a full set front and back.  I need the red line versions

As my 3yr/36month warranty was running out I got Sterling Chev to replace my slightly cracked front right ww but the great tech there who came over from Fairfax Saturn (Chris) said that they did not retro the push pins for 08's so I have the screws again.    
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:53:35 PM by spartan »

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »
If Joe is having them delivered to his place in Lusby yeah, I'll take a full set front and back.  

As my 3yr/36month warranty was running out I got Sterling Chev to replace my slightly cracked front right ww but the great tech there who came over from Fairfax Saturn (Chris) said that they did not retro the push pins for 08's so I have the screws again.    
As Joe stated in his first post, it's important that we specify what car we drive in addition to what liners we require be it a Sky, Sky Redline, Solstice or a Solstice GXP as they all take different liners.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Imaj

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2011, 03:24:52 PM »
Is there a timeline as to when we might be able to order them? Thanks!

Offline rcola

• Tech
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2011, 11:56:26 PM »
I'm interested in a Solstice N/A front set, if there is enough interest in a group buy, mine are cracked around the screws on both sides.
'08 Carbon Flash Metallic  Fully Loaded, Custom "Flash" Windrestrictor, DDM Rotrex supercharger, Solo Performance Race Exhaust(No Muffler), JPM Custom "Flash" Center Console and Door Inserts & shifter, VDI Doors, BC Racing coilovers.

Offline CT Solstice

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2011, 03:27:22 PM »
A dead blow rubber mallat and a padded chair is all I need to do wonders to fix the dents on the fender.  I have straighted many this way so that they are barely noticable.
ABSOLUTELY AGREE... Joe is a wonder wih a mallet and some sheet metal. Thanks again Joe!!!
Continental Tires
DDM Works
StunnerLights.com
ASAP Graphics
King Penn
V-LEDs
Superbright LEDs

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2011, 08:04:32 AM »
06-not cracked (yet)
09-not cracked (yet)

As far as the fender liners folks are talking about I'll have to take a look and see if the 06 has them as a separate add-on and if the 09 were molded in as part of a change, and will report back.
As a follow-up, I opened the hood and looked at our NA 06 and 09 GXP fenderliners  and they both appeared to be identical on the top with neither having the separate #19 part that’s referenced in this graphic.

http://www.gmpartsdistributor.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=213761&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2399&groupid=51836&subgroupid=9450&componentid=0&make=28&model=Solstice&year=2008&graphicID=FG06075&callout=19&catalogid=3&displayCatalogid=0

Offline CaliforniaDreamin

• Tech
  • "There can Be Only One"
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2011, 07:42:23 PM »
If Joe is having them delivered to his place in Lusby yeah, I'll take a full set front and back.  I need the red line versions

Sorry to contradict anyone, but I believe the parts manual shows the pins as a replacement for the  screws on all 06 to 09 models.Hpoefully the pins would work better 4 you than the screws again.... :sorry:     
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:47:34 PM by CaliforniaDreamin, Reason: no reply »
CaliforniaDreamin' (Big Wave Dave) 07 Redline
JPM CONSOLE AND ARMRESTS,GMPP C.A.I.,SHORTY ANTENNA,
CUSTOM LIGHTED WINDRESTRICTOR,
CUSTOM LIGHTED DOORSILLS,
'09 SPLIT SPOKE OEM WHEELS,CUSTOM CENTERS,POLISHED TURBO COVER,LOWERING SPRINGS,
PAINTED ENGINE COVER, BILLET ENGINE BLING
MGP CALIPER COVERS,OEM SPLASH GUARDS.
(some items awaiting install!)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »
Sorry to get your hope up.  Deals off...

So I found out today that Dave from DDM received the same offer.    The vendor only has two Solstice 2.0 right front, no lefts, limited quantities in the Sky's and alot of rear pieces to which no one has requested.   They would have to be bought as a lot and and would cost $$$ to ship. 

It's better to get your local dealer to order and not have to pay shipping (if you need one)

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2011, 04:16:07 PM »
Gee. Thanks so much for that great offer.  Nice to know you do your research prior to posting...  Classy.....  What a waste of everyone's time.

-Kenny
Via GJ's computer
Make the right choices now

Offline Imaj

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2011, 05:18:21 PM »
Thanks for trying. I just ordered two from my local dealer. 76.00 and change. Now I thought I remember reading quite some time ago that these wells can show up with defects. If so, what should I look out for? Thanks!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
Thanks for trying. I just ordered two from my local dealer. 76.00 and change. Now I thought I remember reading quite some time ago that these wells can show up with defects. If so, what should I look out for? Thanks!
Most've what I read was scratches on the top surfaces.  They seem to ship them bare and they get scraped-up.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »
Scratches as they don't come in a package of any kind. My dealer requested that they ship one in a box when the first one came scratched and the boxed one was even more scratched.   :gaah:

Thanks Joe for the effort. You don't know until you try!   :thumbs:

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
Beat yah (heh)!

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
Wheel liner info - are yours cracked?
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2011, 11:34:02 AM »
Hi folks
I ordered some liners from gmparts and they came to me yesterday with plastic foam taped all around the outside to protect it from scratches. So someone is doing something differently. I took off the foam and they were perfect except for a tiny little scuff where I dropped it on the concrete floor. otherwise, both are perfect.

I live in Canada and order from gmparts online because they are $135 each here but $54 each in the USA.  What ever happened to the exchange rate? Problem was they charged me $75 to ship to my New York address for pickup. They said it was the bulk and not the weight that made it expensive. I thought this was bs, but I ordered anyway since I saved about $150 from buying them here.

I declared them at the border and was flagged through without paying taxes (thank you border guy). So I'm a happy camper.

For those doing this, get the liners for the 2009 model. I have a 2008 and the 2009 liners are a slightly different design. The edges that crack have been doubled in thickness and have an angled design with a rounded edge. I guess they tried to prevent them from cracking again. Not sure if I would have gotten the old design if I ordered the 2008 liners. I have a 2008 Gxp and my wife has a 2009 Gxp. So i was able to check.

Cheers,
Deron
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:37:56 AM by DragonSolGXP »

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2011, 11:43:21 AM »
Did they come with push pins?

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2011, 11:59:53 AM »
No I bought those separately. The push pins are on my wife's car, not mine. So I will be replacing them as well. Cost about 34 cents each. I bought 12 since they are, again, cheaper then getting them here in Canada. Even cheaper than Canadian tire.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2011, 04:13:03 PM »
A friend and a member here has a 2009 and his are cracked too on the front edge where they attach to the bumper. I don't know that it's gonna make a difference if they are attached with the screws again.

DragonSolGXP, did you replace the screws with push pins where the liner attaches to the front bumper as well?

Offline DragonSolGXP

• Master Tech
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »
A friend and a member here has a 2009 and his are cracked too on the front edge where they attach to the bumper. I don't know that it's gonna make a difference if they are attached with the screws again.

DragonSolGXP, did you replace the screws with push pins where the liner attaches to the front bumper as well?

I won't get a chance to install them until next week. But that's what I'm going to try to do. If it won't work, I won't make the screws too tight. I may also try to use nuts and bolts with washers and not have then tight... Just snug.