Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Water Pump FAILED, Right Motor Mount NOT BAD  (Read 11446 times)

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Water Pump FAILED, Right Motor Mount NOT BAD
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »
Mmmmmmmm. Cake! 

Had I known Subaru engine were made of Cake I would have stolen my brothers WRX  more often....
Make the right choices now

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Water Pump FAILED, Right Motor Mount NOT BAD
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
The water pump is external. Bolted to outside of the block & is run off the timing Belt. Most people change the water pump out when they do the timing belt , tensioner & pulleys at 105k service. It's a  non issue for the Subaru water pump to go 105k or longer.

Timing Belt Kit;
http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/the-76/Gates-Racing-Complete-Subaru/Detail

A idea what it takes to change a water pump in a Subaru. You see why most people change everything why'll  they are there.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2067378&postcount=26

Mike
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline Carbon Sky

• Master Tech
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2012, 02:01:03 PM »
Not too worried about it. The guys at this dealership seem to know what theyre doing and the guy who worked on my diff issue worked at the saturn dealership so hes worked on kappas before. Did a quick read through for water pump replacment and it clearly states using the j-blah blah blah tool to lock everything in place. Looking through dbgs thread, it seems he might have gotten someone who just didnt give a crap about it and just doing it to get it done. Also, if there is any noise that wasnt there before, they already know that I am going to be back about it and the ex-saturn worker knows i know the car inside and out as I had a good conversation on the one ride along.

If you know the car inside and out, why not do the work yourself, and know it'll be done right for sure?

Thinking about a typical technician working my car makes me cringe.

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2012, 07:54:46 PM »
Tools, time, place to do it and uh.... its still under warrenty. As long as I dont have to pay for a loaner vehicle, thats throwing money away if you dont have to pay for the fix.
2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »
Just got it back. They pressure tested and it was leaking out of the seals so they replaced everything. No whining or noises that werent there before I brought it in. Just glad to have my car back. That malibu for the weekend was killing me.  :banghead:
2013 Grigio Abarth 500