Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Another new guy  (Read 3264 times)

Offline tomahmmwv

• Tech
Another new guy
« on: January 20, 2012, 11:39:10 PM »
I will now learn how to post on a forum. Hello everyone! I am the proud owner of a 2007 GXP Solstice. Picked it up last June and been driving the wheels off of it. Except for the last 2 weeks. Trying to at least keep the salt and snow off of it. I have participated in some of the local SCCA solo events and am looking forward to next season. I have tried to educate myself by reading the 5 or 6 years of posts that are here. They have been very informative.  Sometimes.  ;)

Tom

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Another new guy
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 11:53:06 PM »
Tom,
Just read my posts.  They are the only ones that matter.   :)

Welcome to the forum!
Make the right choices now

Offline EarthNTX

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Another new guy
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 12:05:51 AM »
 :lol:
Ride it like you mean it.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 01:37:47 AM »
tomahmmwv ; Welcome to the Kappa Performance Forum . Only the Best forum this side of Anywhere and Everywhere on the Innernet ( Bar None ). Hope You have all the Mods you need cause in here you have the chance to ask anybody anything you may need to Know about what you need or Want. Or just ask "Gentleman Jack " and he will inform you . Enjoy your stay N get to know everyone and their Rides. You  will also Meet Kelu <---- Remember THAT  Name           :ghug:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 05:37:30 AM »
Picked it up last June and been driving the wheels off of it.
You are driving with the wheels off? How is that?  :lol:

Oh, btw, we have a rule around here, all new comers must post pictures with their Kappa, so until than I hit you with:
 :ttiwwp:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 09:28:36 AM »
I will now learn how to post on a forum. Hello everyone! I am the proud owner of a 2007 GXP Solstice. Picked it up last June and been driving the wheels off of it. Except for the last 2 weeks. Trying to at least keep the salt and snow off of it. I have participated in some of the local SCCA solo events and am looking forward to next season. I have tried to educate myself by reading the 5 or 6 years of posts that are here. They have been very informative.  Sometimes.  ;)

Tom

Wow, welcome to Kappa Performance tomahammwv and participating in local SCCA solo events is awesome.  Lot's of good information here and with your SCCA solo experience you will indeed fit in with the guys and gals who post on this forum!  You must feel like an elff in a candy shop with all the fun you will experience with your new 2007 Solstice GXP.  Thanks indeed for joining this Performance Forum! :thumbs: :usa:
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline ophidia31

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »
Aw come on. The winters the best time to learn how to drive the car. Had everything turned off except that blasted abs and it was an experience and a half. Alot different than other rwd ive driven in the snow but very controllable to say the least, even during sliding events. Which seem to have been anytime i had to make more than a 45degree turn.  :drive: Anyway, mines getting thawed off this morning here at work. But welcome to the club. Although it may be slow at times, this is by far the best forum out of them all.

2013 Grigio Abarth 500

Offline normsf

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
  • Norms Fiberglass
    • Norms Fiberglass
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »
Hello and a big welcome to you, hey youre right down the road from me. Come over anytime here in mishawaka. Thanks Norm

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »
Welcome aboard.

If you have seen the latest planet of the apes, or at least it's previews, then you will understand GJ.
caesaer in POTA was based on GJ.  His avatar is really him.  Amazing what monkeys can be trained to do, although he does have issues with the doors still.

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »
Clear Skies!
Scanner

Offline LRuch

• Tech
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 10:41:49 PM »
Tom ,
Welcome to the forum, I'm just down the road in Milford south of Goshen .
Hope we can get together sometime.
Lark

Offline MARVIC 1

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 10:58:11 PM »
Welcome Tom!  :cheers:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 12:42:45 PM »
  tomahmmwv ; I told you about " KELU "  First things First

:ttiwwpic2:
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »
Welcome aboard
2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline tomahmmwv

• Tech
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I did get to drive me car today. It has been a few weeks. Tonight I will be installing my new Irish frame brace.

Offline tomahmmwv

• Tech
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 09:01:26 PM »
The pic part was hard to figure out.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:04:59 PM by tomahmmwv »

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »
Looks like you figured it out Tom and #33 is indeed being loaded up on the trailer to head back home.  Thanks for the gre8t shot of your pride and joy! :thumbs: :usa:
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust