Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2.4 Sky living in Michigan...  (Read 1772 times)

Offline sparacing

• Apprentice/Gofer
2.4 Sky living in Michigan...
« on: February 13, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »
Just wanted to say Hi from Michigan (disclaimer: I live here...I was born and raised in Ohio...Go Bucks!  :worms:)

Bought my 07 2.4 Sky back in July after shopping for some time.  I finally got done with my first upgrade this weekend, a complete SOLO exhaust from header to tip (shorty, HF cat, mach reso kit).

I also have a pair of heaters coming today so I can do the heated seat mod...my wife loves this forum already...

I'm looking to tune, replace the wheels, and possibly add a CAI, but from what I have read on another forum, apparently the CAI gives no real benefit????

Anyway, hey hey and thanks for a great forum....seems that there aren't many places for good information on the kappas!
-Sean

Offline miller11386

• Gearhead
Re: 2.4 Sky living in Michigan...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »
Goodluck on your mods! Feel free to come back down to ohio and visit the twisties this summer :)
Check out Miller's Youtube Channel HERE

Offline LRuch

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 01:08:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum . Have a great time with your Sky! :cool:

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 01:46:35 PM »
Welcome aboard.

CAI not so much, tune may not show much of an HP increase, but a big performance increase.  Been there done that.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline sparacing

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 03:50:25 PM »
Welcome aboard.

CAI not so much, tune may not show much of an HP increase, but a big performance increase.  Been there done that.
Yeah and my thought is....why spend the money on it (CAI) if it isn't really going to do anything...maybe eventually just because it looks better than the stock plastic, but I'm wanting to invest in performance right now rather than cosmetics.
-S

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »
Welcome, MI has a decent group (most are located in the Detroit area).  Kappa Woodward Dream Cruise night, Lansing area spring mod meet, and yearly LaFontain car show, are the larger MI events.  2012 NASSM, Asheville, NC is the biggest Kappa event.  CAI considered more noise (and show) than go.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 09:48:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  Lots you can do, but start with the heated seats if that what she wants :)
Backbone, front and rear braces and tires make a world of difference.
Make the right choices now

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 12:01:10 AM »
sparacing ; Welcome to the Forum. The more you read about the More you'll want to get .If you want Proformance then go with the DDM Supercharger they go well with the 2.4s . ( Thats something you can Order for the SMMM9 and maybe have it put in there .
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Lastoy

• Founding Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 08:38:49 PM »
You can go to the MKC website for the latest event schedule.  The club usually has a couple of events per month starting in May and ending with a fall color tour in October.     http://michigankappaclub.ning.com/.  Welcome to the Kappa Family.
2008 SSCA SSB Championship Edition