Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New Chap No Car  (Read 9301 times)

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: New Chap No Car
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 10:53:01 PM »
Insurance on our cars is inexpensive.  Statistically the insurance companies have not needed to pay out much due to the main demographic of owners.  I was pleasantly shocked as I was expecting a sports car to increase my rates.  So that is a bonus.

Don't listen to SA about preferences. Most of us drive our kappa more in one month than he has ever driven his car.  He doesn't know it but his car has every problem you could possible have, but they don't manifest in the first 10 miles of ownership.

Whatever you do, don't buy a white sky.  The people who own those have something wrong with them. It's hard to pinpoint, but they are just off a little

:nuts:

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 11:01:13 PM »
Or they are just little.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 11:06:05 PM »
Hi, Cat and Splat, I am new to ownership of a kappa. An 07 with 9000 mi on it when I got it in April. Mine had the recall taken care of before I bought it. I put about 5000 miles on it since... no problems, and all smiles. Biggest thing for me was to find one with A/C. I wanted a stick so no problems there. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here....they are tough on wanting pics though. Just be forwarned. My wife wants to drive and she hasn't driven stick since the 80's. But I will eventually let her try when I get tired of driving my GXP! Oops...naw, that aint gonna happen, wont get tired! lol she will get a chance though. I used cars.com, autotrader, and Carmax also. Happily commuting to work with my GXP!
You will be happy no matter which one you buy! BTW, stick shifts very easy. Give it a try! You might be pleasantly surprised!
Just a happy newbie! Go with the Red, if you find one, they are the best! So I have been told.
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2012, 07:12:18 AM »
Welcome, and good luck on your search. 
1.  Inspect the rocker panel area and invest in some lift pucks (we've seen way too many crushed rocker panels threads).
2. Do not shut the hood if the doors are fully open.
3. Do not shut the decklid by the humps.
4. Do buy the most obnoxious NRA tshirt you can find and wear it everytime you visit a dealership for service work.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2012, 09:20:44 AM »
I love #4!!!

And for the record Cat and Splat.  I am 6'3"  SA constantly confuses me with Kelu who is a bald midget.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »
I love #4!!!

And for the record Cat and Splat.  I am 6'3"  SA constantly confuses me with Kelu who is a bald midget.

here is his picture, he is shopping for cookies.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 11:07:22 AM »
And by "his picture" Critter means Elff or is it Kelu, I don't remember anymore.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 12:07:19 PM »
You will soon when we will meet again, hopefully in August ;)
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline catandsplat

• Tech
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 12:14:54 PM »
LOL

Great picture, do you think he secretly wears that whilst driving topless (obviously without the cookies for safety reasons)  :rofl:

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »
Why would I wear my works clothes in secret?

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 10:01:09 PM »
Because you like your job just a little too much?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »
Could be that he has more than " One " outfit and they all match. Unless he is the one that is at the end of the rainbow .doesn't have much $$ for regular dress Outfits.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass