Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Miss Red Eagle is throwing codes! SOB, just returned from Ashville and now this!  (Read 12003 times)

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Holy Cow, problems, Just got back from the shop that takes care of service on all three of our vehicles and had the Eagle checked out.  Bad news.  Report from the tech...

"Inspect for Engine Noise.  Customer just had a Solo Mach Exhaust installed and also a tweak of the Tune while in Ashville, North Carolina.  Technician noted that the vehicle had code PO106 Map Senor Range Performance, PO420 Cat Low Efficiency, Performance, Fuel Trim rich at cruise or Acceleration X2.  PO302 number 2 cylinder misfire detected, PO304 cylinder 4 misfire detected, P0303 cylinder 3 misfire detected, PO301 cylinder 1 misfire detected, PO700 misfire detected.  Can anyone with knowledge on these misfires give me some advice.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment at MC Racing in Mission, Kansas to try to readjust the tune and hopefully figure out what is causing the codes.  Thanks, Ron
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Did you have the Solo high flow cat installed?

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Did you have the Solo high flow cat installed?

No, Joe, we don't have the Solo high flow cat.  I am really down right now because of all the codes and worrying about maybe some damage indeed to the engine after the trip back.  Any help you can provide to us would be appreciated.  Right now I am at a loss and one step away from depression.  Thanks for any advice an encouragement you might give to Carol and I.  At the moment I am devastated.
Ron

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
I don't think it's that bad yet.   Elff may have some assistance to provide, it may be that the 02 sensor isn't seated properly and will cause the issues.  I've had missfires across all clyinders in the past and cleared the codes, resolved the sensor and no issues since. 

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
SOB?  Why are you blaming SOB?

Ron,

Good chance it has to do with your O2 sensor. Get in touch with SOLO and DDM. Solution might be easy.

Don't panic yet!

Make the right choices now

Offline Arabas

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Take it easy Ron, codes are just codes. The o2 sensor is most probable to cause this.
After all it s just metal.  I prefer metal failing rather than people. So, take it easy and take it to the shop and see what is causing the codes.
DDM Works Backbone and probeam
H&R springs
SOLO HF Cat and Mach Shorty
Dejon Throttle Elbow
Dejon-AEM intake
Front Big Brake upgrade kit with Ferodo pads
Trifecta tune
Custom IC and pipes
LVKFCB

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Deep breath, as others have said, contact the vedors and figure out what is causing the problems.  In fact I would have the shop you are taking Eagle to talk to them.  You just need to set it up first.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
I am going to say it is most likely where the O2 sensor connects to the new Exhaust as well.
That is the one that reports back to the ECM  in regards to your Cat.
if that came loose, stripped the threads, etc,  It can Mess with your AFR.   If the Air Fuel Ratio ends up running Rich, you could foul sparks Plugs and get misfires.

So my first bit of advice would be,
Get the car in the Air and take a look at the O2 sensor that is plugged into the New Solo Catback Exhaust.

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Joe just called me on the phone, God Bless Joe, he is indeed the man!!!  What a great guy and friend to take the time to call Ron, who is stewing and upset over this deal.  Joe advised me to take it in and have the tech check the O2 sensor.  He said that the 02 sensor may not be installed properly and the oxigen levels may be affected.  Taking it out and replacing may clear the codes!!!  I am out and headed to my mechanic.  Will report back if this does the job!   Any other opinions would be indeed welcome.  Thanks to all who have taken the time to respond to this thread. 

So much appreciated indeed!!!

Ron

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
SOB?  Why are you blaming SOB?

Ron,

Good chance it has to do with your O2 sensor. Get in touch with SOLO and DDM. Solution might be easy.

Don't panic yet!

GJ, really I am not blaiming (SOB) snaponbob, uh, Bob has nothing to do with it, he is a very good friend and has helped me many times in the past because he is a genious when it comes to anything involving the Kappa's.  It is so great to have him living a short distance from us and he has a very beautiful wife indeed!

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
Ron,

how did it go?

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Ron,

how did it go?

Thanks I am going to get an appointment with MC Racing.  I believe they are located in Mission, Kansas.  Joe, I will get back to you after I see them.

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Ron,

how did it go?

Joe, an update...not driving the Eagle now until monday.  I and Carol were sent a personal message from Dave@DDMWorks!

"I believe I know what is going on with your car.

When I was reading the tune out of the car the key was turned off before the ECM was done, which put it into a recovery mode.  It took the reflash ok, but we have seen that corrupt some of the data on the ECM before.  When you stopped by on Sunday morning, I checked to make sure everything still flashed ok and it did, but I would go to the dealer and have them re-flash the ECM with a complete write, that will take care of it.  The complete write will erase any tune information, but we can take care of that after will erease any tune information, but we can take care of that after.

Talk with you soon,
Dave"

So Joe that's where it is now.  We are on the right track!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 02:54:54 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
Ron, IIRC you are running the GMPP tune. If so, I don't know if they (MC Racing) can alter it. If you are now running Westers, they can, but Trifecta they can't. When I first did an exhaust (MagnaFlow) I had some issues with codes. Rear O2 was tight, but I removed it to clean the treads, and reinstalled with anti-seize. Cleared the current codes by disconnecting the battery and all was good. If the rear O2 is damaged, you will get multiple codes. The ECM gets confused and misfires are the result.
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
Ron does not have the GMPP tune.
He had a tune from GM Roadster which is an HP tuners tune.   So the dealer can flash his ECM back to stock, then Dave@DDM can redo his tune.
If someone near Ron[or if RON] has a copy of HP Tuners they can get the tune emailed and flash the car.

Otherwise,  if no local copy of HPT are available

That sounds like a great Excuse for RON and Carol  to come to SMMM9!!!!

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
Ron, IIRC you are running the GMPP tune. If so, I don't know if they (MC Racing) can alter it. If you are now running Westers, they can, but Trifecta they can't. When I first did an exhaust (MagnaFlow) I had some issues with codes. Rear O2 was tight, but I removed it to clean the treads, and reinstalled with anti-seize. Cleared the current codes by disconnecting the battery and all was good. If the rear O2 is damaged, you will get multiple codes. The ECM gets confused and misfires are the result.

Bob, we actually have an older Wester's Tune that Martin stole from Lyndon Wester.  Thats what I was told sometime after getting the tune.  Now, with the new Solo Mach Exhaust that was installed at the North Carolina NASSM we have been getting the codes just as stated.  But going to Superior Chevrolet to wipe out the codes and put the Eagle back to stock Tune.  We will go from there.

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
I hope the 02 sensor was checked for proper installation.  I'd hate to see you loose your tune because of a sensor

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
Been a while since Ron and I spoke. Wasn't sure what he had. Ron, I have HPT loaded in my laptop. Frankly, I forget if linking to another 2.0 will burn any credits.

Ron, do you still have my phone number? If so, give me a call. If not, send me a PM or e-mail.
Bob Buxbaum

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
Been a while since Ron and I spoke. Wasn't sure what he had. Ron, I have HPT loaded in my laptop. Frankly, I forget if linking to another 2.0 will burn any credits.

Ron, do you still have my phone number? If so, give me a call. If not, send me a PM or e-mail.

If you have not already licensed his VIN, or have not already licensed the model year, it will be 2 credits to flash his ECM.
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
If you have not already licensed his VIN, or have not already licensed the model year, it will be 2 credits to flash his ECM.

Thanks Dave. Sort of thought so. Since Ron doesn't have a "true" Westers tune, Lyndon would not have his file. Do you have a clean flash that I could use on Ron's car? I know that if I link to his car, I will then be able to download his OEM tune after he has the Chevy dealership flash it. Thoughts?
Bob Buxbaum

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
    • Ryuk
If you do not have any free credits, it will only be $100 to add 2 credits for Ron's car.
Once you determine you can use HPT with his car here is the order you should do everything.

1. Let the dealer flash the ECM back to stock
2. Read the Stock Tune [Will take about 20 Minutes]
3. Get Tune via Email from Dave@DDM
3. Flash the tune Dave@DDM sends you [Will take about 30 seconds]
4. Copy Stock Tune and DDM Tune to a flash drive for safe keeping.

I still think Ron and Carol should come to the SMMM9.  Because it will be AWESOME
:D

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
Thanks Dave. Sort of thought so. Since Ron doesn't have a "true" Westers tune, Lyndon would not have his file. Do you have a clean flash that I could use on Ron's car? I know that if I link to his car, I will then be able to download his OEM tune after he has the Chevy dealership flash it. Thoughts?

That is the problem, I believe the file that I read out is corrupt, as the ignition key was turned off before the read was complete. I have another base file from a different car that should work on a full write on Ron's car, but a complete flash from the dealer would be the best. Then a full read, modify it and then write it back, something like Elff just suggested.
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
But won't Ron have to dish out $$$ to have the dealer reflash his car.

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
But won't Ron have to dish out $$$ to have the dealer reflash his car.

Usually not, but it is dealer dependent. Our local dealer will flash the most recent stock tune into a car for no charge.
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
Regardless, once it is flashed, someone will have to supply a "tune" for it. If Ron likes, I can be the conduit for it. Quite familiar with the procedure. The laptop that had the suite in it crashed, so I'll have to contact HPT for a new file and reload it. Already have the cable, etc. So, Ron can call the shots.
Bob Buxbaum