Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New Bilsteins for GXPsy - Can't Find Them  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
New Bilsteins for GXPsy - Can't Find Them
« on: August 30, 2020, 09:18:59 AM »
I recently drove GXPsy for the first time in a very long time. At 82K miles it feels like she's going to be ready for new front shocks soon. I went to the Bilstein catalog only to find they do not list an aftermarket replacement. The GM catalog offers an OEM part, but it's not branded Bilstein...although it is yellow!. Has anyone found any Bilstein numbers to fit the Kappa? Maybe from the European catalog listed as a fitment for the Opel? The GM listed parts are actually very reasonably priced. Does anyone have any experience with them?

As a side note, when our Trailblazer SS needed new shocks I found the part numbers from Bilstein in a chart that listed then as fitting the Saab 9X....unfortunately I've been unable to locate that chart again so I can look up the Kappa platform.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: New Bilsteins for GXPsy - Can't Find Them
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 09:34:04 AM »
There was a thread on this (on some forum) some weeks back.  Seems like the replacement shocks are just "GM" ones now.  I would just go with those and not worry about Bilstein branding.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 04:47:51 PM »
I recently drove GXPsy for the first time in a very long time. At 82K miles it feels like she's going to be ready for new front shocks soon. I went to the Bilstein catalog only to find they do not list an aftermarket replacement. The GM catalog offers an OEM part, but it's not branded Bilstein...although it is yellow!. Has anyone found any Bilstein numbers to fit the Kappa? Maybe from the European catalog listed as a fitment for the Opel? The GM listed parts are actually very reasonably priced. Does anyone have any experience with them?

As a side note, when our Trailblazer SS needed new shocks I found the part numbers from Bilstein in a chart that listed then as fitting the Saab 9X....unfortunately I've been unable to locate that chart again so I can look up the Kappa platform.
I sold my 2007 GXP and if the new owner does not want to buy the original parts that I have, there is a set of original Bilstein shocks and the coil springs in my garage I can sell. They have less than 700 miles on them, since I purchase the Z0K setup and took off the standard FE3. I will let you know after this coming Thursday when the new owner is suppose to pick up the car and pay. I also have the sway bars if you want to replace those also.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 05:58:33 PM »
Thanks for that offer LV. Please keep us informed. Right now all we're interested in is the front shocks, ok, maybe the rears also, but not the sway bars, since we already have the FE3 suspension.

Tomato - Thanks for chiming in. I was leaning that direction until LV made his offer. May still go that way.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 05:10:20 PM »
Thanks for that offer LV. Please keep us informed. Right now all we're interested in is the front shocks, ok, maybe the rears also, but not the sway bars, since we already have the FE3 suspension.

Tomato - Thanks for chiming in. I was leaning that direction until LV made his offer. May still go that way.
I will let you know, but it would have to be all 4 shocks.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 09:28:03 AM »
Also check with DDM Works, they have a bunch taken off cars for shock upgrades

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 09:33:18 AM »
I was never able to find a Bilstein part and even spoke to Bilstein reps at a couple of drift events.

Try Ebay.  It's amazing what pops up on there

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 05:13:22 PM »
Rogue
Did you check with Dave at DDM?
Solstice GXP 2007.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 11:54:42 AM »
Or Joe, not sure what he has left in his parts bins.  I think he did a bit of a clean out a few years ago.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia