Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Testing the Water  (Read 4543 times)

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
Testing the Water
« on: May 14, 2015, 10:17:10 AM »
I've been thinking for a few weeks about selling my '8 GXP. I can't really bring myself to do it, but I truly need to downsize my stable and the GXP is one of the three cars that are under consideration.  I have also wondered if there is a good market for it and whether I could find the right next owner for it.

For those who are in the market, either selling or buying, what have you found?

Offline Rockchops

• Master Tech
Re: Testing the Water
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 11:16:06 AM »
Just wondering, what are the other cars in consideration? Gxp and sky prices seem all over the map around here. I think it is a pretty specific buyer for these -- for reference I paid 13k for my sky redline (manual) with 65k on the clock in September which I feel was a fair-to-good price. Depending on location and condition I'd scale up or down from that.  Hope it helps.

Sent from an abacus

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 11:28:59 AM »
The other two cars are a '5 Cadillac CTS-V and an '8 Nissan 350Z.

I suppose I could ask for mid-teens for a price due to a few factors.  What model year is your Sky Redline?

Offline Rockchops

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 12:18:57 PM »
Mine is an 07, silver with the black and red interior, monsoon sound. I also bought mine from a dealer. Mid teens (again depending on mileage and condition) is probably a good place to start. I imagine the Z would be right around there too.

Sent from an abacus

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 12:37:18 PM »
I bought my 2009 Sky Redline SE September 2013 and paid $16k for it. It was stock and had 26,xxx miles on it at the time.

If you are going to sell it, now is probably a better time than later in the year as it is convertible driving weather just about everywhere now.
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 01:24:34 PM »
I'm looking to buy a Sky Redline, 2008 or newer, manual, with a whole list of must haves.  Looking to spend between $13-15K for something with 50,000 miles or under.  There are a ton out there for around $13-16K, they just aren't what I am looking for.  I could have purchased exactly what I wanted (Carbon Black Flash SE) from a dealer for $15K in January.  35,000 miles, but was waiting for my financing to align.

I haven't been looking at Sols, but my understanding is they go for just a little less than the Skys.

Good luck in whatever you decided.

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 02:23:21 PM »
Thank you, Rockchops and Jim.

Diana, if you changed your mind and wanted a Solstice, please let me know.  Mileage on mine is around 20k. The 20" wheels are optional ;)

Offline lbaker

• Tech
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 05:45:06 PM »
I bought an 08 GXP in February with 39k on it for $12,500.  Garage kept.  Sell the other two, keep the GXP.  It's the best car of the three imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 06:25:46 PM »
POS VET-

PM me specifics about the V.
Mileage, condition, mods, price etc.
Make the right choices now

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 07:01:04 PM »
I bought an 08 GXP in February with 39k on it for $12,500.  Garage kept.  Sell the other two, keep the GXP.  It's the best car of the three imho.

Actually, it's not one or another. I need to get rid of three, I have six vehicles right now. I'm keeping the '8 Z06, '15 Sierra 1500, and '11 370Z. I'm entertaining the idea of an Ariel Atom 3S or a C7 Z06.

Offline lbaker

• Tech
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 10:47:50 PM »
The car with the highest Cool Factor is the GXP.  It's also the car with the highest Classic Car factor.  It unique.  Nothing else like it unless you want to spend major $$$.  If you are on top of a ten story building looking down at an intersection, the car you will recognize first is the GXP.  All the others will look like every other car.  Did this very thing this week and that's what I saw.  Keep the GXP.  Sell the others and buy another GXP in a different color. 😜😎🚘

Offline Sting Ya

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 06:12:56 AM »
This is probably the wrong site to talk about getting rid of a Kappa but if it comes down to that good luck with the sale .You should post all the information on the car in case anyone is interested or knows someone looking for one .As for myself I just added to my fleet after pretty much giving up on an LS conversion car I picked up something that I never owned and always wanted a 70 Chevelle SS 396 so now I have my Solstice for the twisties   and my Chevelle for balls to the wall straight line fun .

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 09:11:59 AM »
Thank you, Rockchops and Jim.

Diana, if you changed your mind and wanted a Solstice, please let me know.  Mileage on mine is around 20k. The 20" wheels are optional ;)

Sorry, already have one and I'm looking to add to my stable!  Good luck if you sell it!  Sorry you didn't make it out to run with us!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 09:13:40 AM »
This is probably the wrong site to talk about getting rid of a Kappa but if it comes down to that good luck with the sale .You should post all the information on the car in case anyone is interested or knows someone looking for one .As for myself I just added to my fleet after pretty much giving up on an LS conversion car I picked up something that I never owned and always wanted a 70 Chevelle SS 396 so now I have my Solstice for the twisties   and my Chevelle for balls to the wall straight line fun .

That Chevelle was THE car to have when I was in HS!  Had a few classmates with them and I just loved them!  Jealous!

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 10:44:30 AM »
Sell all the cars.
But an apartment complex.

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 10:46:18 AM »
LOL

A man cannot live without two V8s. Sorry.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 01:57:56 AM »
Think how many V8s would fit in all the fridges of an apt complex!

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 06:56:05 AM »
So you're suggesting that I become a slum lord. Hmm, interesting proposition.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 03:28:37 PM »
Once you try it, you'll never go back
😃

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 12:15:46 PM »
LOL

A man cannot live without two V8s. Sorry.

Really???
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 12:29:04 PM »
Really???

Yep, three or more V8s are better.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 12:56:01 PM »
Don't make me to wish you to see you living in Europe ... ok?
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »
Don't make me to wish you to see you living in Europe ... ok?

No need to.  That's why I live in the US.  Cheap cars with the largest engines in the world, low-mid priced gasoline, wide long roads, and cheap road taxes.

You are welcome to come and drool at my stable.

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 12:46:44 AM »
Your nickname says it all, no further comments  :D

Going on topic: Two years ago I was thinking to sell mine also and I changed my mind because the price would be low based on what this car offers for me and I decided that this car will stay looong time with me.

Offline POS VETT

• Master Tech
  • AINT YRS
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 07:17:49 AM »
Well, my username is just one of four personalized license plates I have. You would understand if you kneit right.  about them.

Yes, back on topic. I can understand your reasoning based on the assumptions and tidbits I read about automobile situation in your country. I myself was a foreigner once in the US and my background created an appetite for cars with excessively large engines curbed only by financial limitation. The Solstice was acquired for the sole reason of adding a convertible into the stable. I looked at Corvette convertibles and yet I decided on the Solstice instead; that was about 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, I have no loyalty toward any brand, let alone a singular model within. My education background allows me to seek superiority in mechanical aspect of a car and makes me constantly searching to shape my stable into . It seems unfair or illogical to compare a Kappa to a supercharged Y-body or a Viper, but in financial terms, it frees up fund that I can use to achieve a goal. Truly, if I could be Jay Leno or the Sultan of Brunei and amass a disgusting amount of motorized vehicles, I would never sell a car.

Furthermore, I'd rather see my car going to a member in this board; someone who would treat and care for it. So far, the car has accumulated only about 10k miles since the purchase. Maybe someone else could put it to a better use and get more enjoyment out of it.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 07:23:35 AM by POS VETT »