Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hydrographic clear coat peeling  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Helios

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Play Hard; Drive Harder!
Hydrographic clear coat peeling
« on: May 12, 2016, 08:05:52 PM »
I meant to address this issue years ago. Has anyone experienced the clear coat peeling/ lifting away from the graphic underneath? Is there a way to fix it without having to redo the whole part that was dipped? I have this happening only on the passenger side side skirt of Norm's side skirts he dipped for me prior to delivery. I was debating on carefully cutting away the clearcoat that is peeling/ lifting and just spraying new clearcoat. I'm at least hoping it will make the imperfection less noticeable.
"Gwyneth"
V8 swap in progress
RPi GT/ SOLO Exhaust

Offline normsf

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
  • Norms Fiberglass
    • Norms Fiberglass
Re: Hydrographic clear coat peeling
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 09:53:27 PM »
Hello, sounds like you are on the right track. May try some Clear Bra 3M also should protect it better from those chips, that tend to start peeling. Thanks from Norm